Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sig Kilo BDX - question

Quote Originally Posted by Liam258 View Post
    Have you tried installing the app on an android phone and connecting your rangefinder to it to see if still has the same issue?
    Nah but want to, dont know anyone with one. I think that will be the deciding factor aye

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Nah but want to, dont know anyone with one. I think that will be the deciding factor aye
    Yeah it has me stumped. All the best with resolving it.
    Gibo likes this.

So, mate paired his Android to the unit. Updated the weather from station and gave the desired 14 degrees. Then as soon as the range finder was used to get a range it flicked to -12 Sending it back Monday. Doubtful I will get it sorted but not too fussed as temp is insignificant at the ranges I hunt but a bit gutted it doesn't do what it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    So, mate paired his Android to the unit. Updated the weather from station and gave the desired 14 degrees. Then as soon as the range finder was used to get a range it flicked to -12 Sending it back Monday. Doubtful I will get it sorted but not too fussed as temp is insignificant at the ranges I hunt but a bit gutted it doesn't do what it should.
    That sucks man. They are great units. But this would probably put me off too.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Im not put off. All I wanted was a decent range finder that gave me an angle calculated range, this does that in spades.

I tried this out today. On my iPhone I also have problems with it saying the temperature is in the negatives, on my android no problems. Been told for years “get an iPhone, they’re the best bla bla bla” and finally got one a couple months ago, was “free” with our new silage wagon as it was pre loaded with the apps for the weigh scales etc. I can honestly say that after years and years of trouble free happy android use, iPhones are f**king shit!! Slow, gets weak signal everywhere, battery is shit etc etc and now it does silly things like won’t run the BDX app. @Gibo what I did was setup a custom ballistics profile for my load and then linked my phone to the rangefinder. Turned the phone off and now the rangefinder runs the numbers without having to have the phone turned on anyhow.
    Cartman likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

When you convert 14 degrees Fahrenheit it says it is equal to -10 degrees celcius.
    So I wonder if your device is not switching from imperial to metric at some stage in the temperatures , at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    When you convert 14 degrees Fahrenheit it says it is equal to -10 degrees celcius.
    So I wonder if your device is not switching from imperial to metric at some stage in the temperatures , at least?
    Could be onto something there mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I tried this out today. On my iPhone I also have problems with it saying the temperature is in the negatives, on my android no problems. Been told for years “get an iPhone, they’re the best bla bla bla” and finally got one a couple months ago, was “free” with our new silage wagon as it was pre loaded with the apps for the weigh scales etc. I can honestly say that after years and years of trouble free happy android use, iPhones are f**king shit!! Slow, gets weak signal everywhere, battery is shit etc etc and now it does silly things like won’t run the BDX app. @Gibo what I did was setup a custom ballistics profile for my load and then linked my phone to the rangefinder. Turned the phone off and now the rangefinder runs the numbers without having to have the phone turned on anyhow.
    Yip and it holds the last info from the app

Have you tried talking to sig?
    Also is there anything coming up online when googled?
    I have the bdx 3000 and really rate them.
    I am running android with the kestrel app and every thing works as it should.
    Just waiting for the 10k to turn up now!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Firmware update made by sig, all sorted
    stug likes this.

@Gibo glad you guys it sorted mate!

Yeah bit of a story, issue with a batch of 1600s. Mates one was set to mils but as soon as you hit the range button clicked to moa. All sorted so happy times