Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kelton

Thread: Sig Sierra bdx system, is it any good?

Sig Sierra bdx system, is it any good?

well i’m halfway there with the system having purchased a set of the 3k bdx binos, i was in the market for a set and preferred them over the vortex ones.

Now i’ve tumbled down the rabbit hole and been looking into a bdx scope 6.5-20x52 to go with it.

Does anyone use the system, is it worth dropping another 1700 on a new scope to pair with my binos?

i do a fair bit of gong shooting and primary hunt open tops with shot opportunities out to 400m on some steep terrain so dial up and angle compensation can be a bit niggly at times.

cheers

Just get any scope and reply in the dope given to you by the binos. The box is super quick but inky fractionally more so than dailing it yourself. The binos do all the work just get some time on steel and get used to them. For the money I feel a vx5 or similar would be much better glass.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Oh for the record I used the same binos for a few years and had very good success consistently shooting animals out to 800 and steel out to 1400 yards alot

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Glass on them isn't high level and the reticle is shit. Just my personal opinion but I found a zeiss Terra 3-9 on my mates other rifle nicer

I have rangefinder and Sierra 4.5-14 scope.

Pro’s: lazy hunters dream - super quick and accurate without having to worry about drop charts or dialling. Have shot out to 500m and up and down steep hills no probs. Like being able to switch settings between different loads and know it is pretty much still right on the money. Seems to be solid and despite a few knocks has not lost it’s zero yet.

Cons: relatively heavy, reticle is chunky to accomodate the LEDs and holdover dot is rather big when shooting out at longer range - eg will cover the vitals rather than being able to pinpoint exactly where you want to put the shot. Clarity is not even as good as my cheap old vortex viper let alone a higher end Leopold or Swarovski. I do wonder if eventually the app will stop supporting the older scopes, don’t think they will end up being an heirloom piece you give to your grandkids.

On balance I tend to get more than enough animals without the low light capabilities of a clearer scope so happy with the system. The next gen Sierra 6 scopes sounds like they have some pretty decent upgrades so will probably give one of the 3-18 ones a go on the long range rig at some stage and retire the Seirra3 to one of my other rifles.

PS I should add I bought used, would not pay anywhere new RRP price for the Seirra 3’s

stick with the binos and get a nice vx5 or the likes dusk and dawn plays a huge part in keeping my freezer full iv had alot of ok rifles matched with superb glass wouldn't have it any other way
    muzr257 and superdiver like this.