Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Thermal, clip on

Try hunt the night. In Ozzie for rusan, decent prices , ordered tuesday , had it that Friday in chch
    Trout likes this.

I was shooting deer out to 450m with my pulsar corefx 38mm, zero never changed for Me, I installed in KY zeroed rifle scope, and the zero was the same with it without the thermal forward clipon. I should never have sold it.
    Trout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    I was shooting deer out to 450m with my pulsar corefx 38mm, zero never changed for Me, I installed in KY zeroed rifle scope, and the zero was the same with it without the thermal forward clipon. I should never have sold it.
    What do you mean by "KY zeroed rifle scope?"

Did you do this? It was just good luck if you didn't.
    (damned sight easier than some other nightmare clip ons)

You need to zero the Core when placed onto the riflescope. This is done with a fairly straightforward menu function to project an ‘X’ on screen which you can scroll like a cursor until it coincides precisely with the riflescope’s reticle position – just hold down the button to store this and you are ready to go.
    sneeze and Vault like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

I have been considering a new Thermal and was going to go for a dedicated scope but this discussion has given me reason the reconsider. I do like the concept of attachments to your normal day scope. It gives the best of both worlds. @Tahr what make/model forward attachment do you have.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    I have been considering a new Thermal and was going to go for a dedicated scope but this discussion has given me reason the reconsider. I do like the concept of attachments to your normal day scope. It gives the best of both worlds. @Tahr what make/model forward attachment do you have.
    An early Hikmicro Thunder 35. I wouldn't recommend it. A dog to sight in/calibrate and poor battery life.
    Last edited by Tahr; 10-10-2023 at 05:37 PM.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    What do you mean by "KY zeroed rifle scope?"

Did you do this? It was just good luck if you didn't.
    (damned sight easier than some other nightmare clip ons)

You need to zero the Core when placed onto the riflescope. This is done with a fairly straightforward menu function to project an ‘X’ on screen which you can scroll like a cursor until it coincides precisely with the riflescope’s reticle position – just hold down the button to store this and you are ready to go.
    "My" zeroed, rifle scope, sorry.. must of been in a rush. All dope verified etx. I literally clipped this on, and shot deer from 100-450m without changing anything.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    "My" zeroed, rifle scope, sorry.. must of been in a rush. All dope verified etx. I literally clipped this on, and shot deer from 100-450m without changing anything.
    So you didn't align the calibrating X in the screen with your cross hairs?
    - Rumi

Nope. Didn't need to. Clipped on, shot, killed, dialed up, shot killed. Etc. Used for about 6 months, then sold on, as even hunting on private farms, I still liked to be able to see through scope for confirmation of deer - so went back to a spottie beam.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    So you didn't align the calibrating X in the screen with your cross hairs?
    I know your talking with Lars..

Probably not relevant but i did calibrate the pulsar krypton in a similiar manner as you've mentioned above, first mechanically with screw adjusters in the setting up of the bayonet then graphically using the software via buttons.

I didnt know that I had to or even should but upon looking through the menu I found something wasnt perfectly aligned so set about squaring it all up just in case..

Id ne er seen or used a forward mounted ANYTHING previously owned a Pard007a rear mounted nv.. hated re focussing through the scope lenses before i could shoot plus my lowest mag is 5 and it wasnt the best for it
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    I know your talking with Lars..

Probably not relevant but i did calibrate the pulsar krypton in a similiar manner as you've mentioned above, first mechanically with screw adjusters in the setting up of the bayonet then graphically using the software via buttons.

I didnt know that I had to or even should but upon looking through the menu I found something wasnt perfectly aligned so set about squaring it all up just in case..

Id ne er seen or used a forward mounted ANYTHING previously owned a Pard007a rear mounted nv.. hated re focussing through the scope lenses before i could shoot plus my lowest mag is 5 and it wasnt the best for it
    The manuals and instructions for these things are a nightmare.
    striker likes this.
    - Rumi

V/happy with infiray mate
    For me better than krypton , for my use , tried both , same price