Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What needs an import permit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post

HOWEVER of interest was this appended as a require ment by one of the aformentioned Plod's.

Confirmation of import to be notified to Police within 30 days of importation, for an audit of the importation (by quantity, type, make, model, calibre) , using the supplied NZ Customs signed permit to import and Import Consignment documentation."

Shit knows what all that is about, but no doubt will eventually find out........

You would think it wouldn't be too difficult in this day & age for customs to inform the Police that on X day Mr X received a clearance for items on X import permit...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    You would think it wouldn't be too difficult in this day & age for customs to inform the Police that on X day Mr X received a clearance for items on X import permit...
    Totally agree, but add that to date I haven't been told so by Plod and I only saw it because another careless Plod just forwarded an email without removing all the previous posts and replies..

As for the Confirmation of import I have no idea if that means the confirmation of my application for a permit or confirmation of the arrival of the product nor how or to whom I may or may not be expected to "confirm" anything let alone what an audit implies...........let alone the other gobblygook language used.

Application lodged, 7/10/19
    Query from Constable Plod as to which country part is coming from received 30/10/2019
    Country of source notified 3/11/2019
    Constable Plod advises Good morning XXXXXXXXXXX. Thank you for your email and clarification. Permit no. xxxxxxx has been made and has been submitted for consideration. Kind Regards, XXXXX Arms Act Service Delivery Group 5/11/2019

28 days just to get the application "submitted for consideration."

Name:  alittle girl waits Capture.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  25.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Yup, can't disagree with that.

Asked the local AO today do I now need a Import permit for Flints for my flintlock.... Answer is Yes you do!!! if it attaches to a firearm it needs a import permit.

I`m flabbergasted …..

What is clearly needed is an automated online system. Item name, select category of item from dropdown list, FAL number, FAL category consistent with item ordered, order gets automatically approved.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

For the last few years most of my permits have been in my hand within 3 weeks from the date of application, many within 2 weeks.
    Most cases i get the email saying the permit is done within a few days.

However a few of my permits seem to be getting ignored, as they may be in the to hard basket, example a pistol grip for a shot gun...???