Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Timmay

Thread: Zeiss Conquest 10x42 HD Binos

Zeiss Conquest 10x42 HD Binos

Anyone use them? I see Jacobs Digital here in NZ are running them on special at $1534, most other places they are around $1800-$2000. Cameralandny are doing them for US$999 so I'm actually better off buying here especially after exchange rate plus getting stung with gst by customs. I have always liked Zeiss glass even when comparing with the likes of Leica/Swaro so might be a good opportunity to upgrade from my Minox. Any thoughts on them?

Yes they are good, brother inlaw just got some, had a look through them when we were on the tops for a few nights, I like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Two more questions.. Has anyone dealt with a warranty claim through Zeiss before? And anyone bought from Jacobs Digital, are they good to deal with?

I haven't had to warranty claim my zeiss scope, but I've just bought a pair of Leica Geovid R's from them - Alex was very easy to deal with and he really knows his stuff. Give him a call.
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

LOC
    speak of the devil - i was just lining up a pair from jacobs digital. living in auckland i shot over the bridge to get them today but they were not in stock... Jacobs ended up arranging a pair from the distributor (Cameron Sports) and they made a concession to allow me to collect directly from their warehouse as i'm off on a hunt in two days and needed them urgently. so don't order them if you are in a hurry as they are two courier rides away from you.

the guy at jacobs digital was slightly strange to deal with to be honest, but to be fair they did arrange it all as i needed it (with a bit of firm guidance around timing etc)

if they try to offer you a pair of 'heavily discounted' demo Steiner Nighthunter 10x 44 that are 'reduced' from $2600 to $1900 steer well clear! they have a chip/scratch in one objective lens. he insisted it was a mark and pretended to try to wipe it off with a bit of cleaner and what do you know - it was a tiny chip. it was all absolute BS on a plate, but I wasn't interested in the Steiners anyway...

the binoculars feel basic, solid, and have super bright lenses. very happy for the price.

Iv got a HD5 its mint Iv got a mate with a V8 and the crossheirs split randomly they gave him a new one right away and are trying to figure out what happened they back their products