Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: A hunt for Capt'n Ron

It was a good write up and im not much of a reader,hence my PHD,not.I read his story twice which says something for his story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    That was a good read, nice to see your plan came together after a bit of scouting. That 300 Rum of Capt Ron's is a fine looking rifle he would have been happy with the end results. Well Done.
    @Mooseman Thanks,this is the rifle he had set up for Arctic hunts & conditions with the action being treated with the Cerakote micro slick treatment to counter icing up & was his favorite rifle for Moose , Caribou ,Elk & Bear hunts.

In his load charts for the rifle his favored loads for Moose , Caribou ,Elk & Polar & Grizzly bear were 200gr Accubond & 200gr Woodleigh at 3180fps shooting into 22-24mm & the 240gr Woodleigh at 2835ps does just over MOA. He spent a lot of time up in & hunting & fishing out of Two Rivers, Alaska ,where a buddy from the Military was involved in the Sled Dog races & Community.
    Last edited by bunji; 13-11-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan