Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2018 Colorado

My wife had the my15 that used oil, they changed oil type and it didn’t fix it. Have just traded up to the 2018 model which has a few cosmetic improvements, gears change a little better. Only have 1000km on it and driven it twice. It’s quieter than the ranger. I still prefer my old f250. I have heard the Isuzu is good and very good even torque so great 4x4 driving as power to the wheels is even. The neighbour just traded his ranger for an Isuzu so will soon see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    The neighbour just traded his ranger for an Isuzu so will soon see.
    That is not a sentence anyone is likely to hear again soon!

What made him change from the Ranger?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post

He woke up and realized he wasnt a sheep?
    Barefoot likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    He woke up and realized he wasnt a sheep?
    Maybe.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post

Maybe he wanted a vehicle that started every time not just randomly.

One of my mates (dedicated hilux guy) replaced his last one with a ranger had lots of updates to the "software" but randomly wont start, His words were "i have learn't my lesson"
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  1,023.0 KB
    Another one getting good fuel economy and not burning oil. It's the most common ute I've spotted on the back of breakdown trucks
    Dreamer and Cowboy06 like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

If your ute was a rock:

Hilux - Its a nice shiny rock, the man who gave it to you told you it was special. When you throw it your sure it goes further and faster than everyone else's rock.
    Navara - You had a rock like this before but one day you threw it and it broke in two. This rock feels better but when you throw it you still worry it might happen again.
    Mercedes - They told you it was a fossil and you got really excited. Then you looked around and found some ordinary rocks that looked just the same, your not so excited any more.
    Amarok - It's a large flat rock. People say it looks pretty so you put it on a chain and wear it around town. You stick glitter on it. You tell people its a stone. You think everyone is jealous of your stone.
    Ford - It's a BIG rock. When you pick it up and throw it you feel like a man. You think it might be flint because sometimes you can start fires with it. But you heard they might make you use a smaller rock next time, and that worries you.
    Dmax - Its a grey rock, you found it on the side of the road. You throw it and it flies like a rock. When you get home there is a lose nail in the deck to you hammer it in with the rock. You leave it by the front door because it might be useful tomorrow. It's a rock.
    Colorado - It's a smooth round rock. You throw it and it feels like a rock. Your daughter paints it for you and you love it. It's a rock
    Ssangyong - It's a rough rock. You cut yourself on the sharp edges. You get sick of it but no one else wants it.
    Last edited by Barefoot; 20-06-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    Anyone heard anything bad about these. Those that I've spoken to reackon the 2018 model is a pretty good truck on and off road.
    I test drove one and didn't like it. brought a triton saved over 10k and love it. I just did like the way the Colorado felt to drive.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Only thing you tend to hear people complaining about with the colorado is oil consumption, and of course dealing with holden dealerships.
    If your looking at the Colorado probably worth looking at the Dmax as well, they were brother and sister at one stage but these days more like cousins who don't talk much.
    I inquired about a d max but couldn't get the local dealer to finish the deal. complained got the oh sorry shit then still nothing. went to Mitsubishi owned a ute within two hours of the test drive.
    csmiffy likes this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    If your ute was a rock:

Hilux - Its a nice shiny rock, the man who gave it to you told you it was special. When you throw it your sure it goes further and faster than everyone else's rock.
    Navara - You had a rock like this before but one day you threw it and it broke in two. This rock feels better but when you throw it you still worry it might happen again.
    Mercedes - They told you it was a fossil and you got really excited. Then you looked around and found some ordinary rocks that looked just the same, your not so excited any more.
    Amarok - It's a large flat rock. People say it looks pretty so you put it on a chain and wear it around town. You stick glitter on it. You tell people its a stone. You think everyone is jealous of your stone.
    Ford - It's a BIG rock. When you pick it up and throw it you feel like a man. You think it might be flint because sometimes you can start fires with it. But you heard they might make you use a smaller rock next time, and that worries you.
    Dmax - Its a grey rock, you found it on the side of the road. You throw it and it flies like a rock. When you get home there is a lose nail in the deck to you hammer it in with the rock. You leave it by the front door because it might be useful tomorrow. It's a rock.
    Colorado - It's a smooth round rock. You throw it and it feels like a rock. Your daughter paints it for you and you love it. It's a rock
    Ssangyong - It's a rough rock. You cut yourself on the sharp edges. You get sick of it but no one else wants it.
    I love it but you forgot the Mitsi and Great Wall utes
    Nickoli likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Don’t know, price was too good I think. Went to the field days up north with his brother, they both got one. I’ve heard the izuzu has a pretty good even power band so work nice at low revs climbing off road.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    I inquired about a d max but couldn't get the local dealer to finish the deal. complained got the oh sorry shit then still nothing. went to Mitsubishi owned a ute within two hours of the test drive.
    Yeah dealerships can make a huge difference on where people settle. Went into two Toyota dealerships a few months ago when shopping around. My local one was terrible, the other one closer to town went out of their way to accomodate and seal a deal.
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I love it but you forgot the Mitsi and Great Wall utes
    Great Wall - You have a grenade. It seems to work like a rock, though. It should be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Great Wall - You have a grenade, it's a dud. You use it like a rock, but worry some day it will be a grenade.
    Fixed it