Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: All terrain tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I like to be able to hear the radio, myself.
    Yup, muddies are an acquired taste and lots of guys run them unnecessarily. I hate the bloody things but having learnt the hard way I’ve had to suck it up cos without them I can’t do nowt, and I don’t want to have to tow a bike everywhere. Sometimes its literally the last 2 or 3km to get into a block, to a cabin, up a few steep gradients, and as soon as its wet its all over unless you’ve got decent MTs. With Cooper ATs I kept getting into strife even with diff locks and low pressures.

That light brown / grey shellrock mud in the Taranaki / Ruapehu area is a bitch especially when its part way to drying off after the rain, its the worst stuff I’ve ever come across, turns ATs into slicks in an instant.
    JoshC and madmaori like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Chunky mud tyres on 22 inch rims is what really cracks me up!
    Personally I like the ones that are on the big shiny rims, winch bar, winch, spotties all over, jacked up and ROAD TYRES. You can tell by looking at them the supermarket carpark is about the off road limit they see.
    JoshC likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

cant hear the stereo or the tyres when the V8 symphony is playing
    Barefoot, Gerbs and madmaori like this.
    God only made a few perfect people, the rest shoot Right Handed...

16 inch wheels is what you need with MT ATZName:  0DA283E1-2D40-4E9D-A77F-694F9EC487F8.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  1.84 MB

Just fitted a set of highly rated Kumho AT51 ,they definitely live up to the good reviews the price was pretty good as well.
    Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    Just fitted a set of highly rated Kumho AT51 ,they definitely live up to the good reviews the price was pretty good as well.
    Highly recommended.
    What sort of price do those run? I'll be needing a couple of new ATs for the Terrano soonish so this thread is useful info.

265/70R15 on it at the moment, I wouldn't mind going a bit taller and narrower but the other 2 are nearly new... crap ones though, 'hi-fly vigourous' thanks to previous owner. Anyone know how big will fit an R50 Terrano on saggy standard suspension?
    Last edited by GravelBen; 31-07-2018 at 10:13 PM.

$300 each fitted for 265/65/r17
    GravelBen likes this.

Just been for a good drive today on the new Cooper AT3 bloody impressed, been tarmac so far and quite enough with a bit of gravel. Tend to flick a bit of gravel into the underbelly if it's the right size gravel. First really trip today and they held up well for 38psi. Little bit of mud for 100m heaps of rocky bits over erosion Gully over track and then some big arse potholes. Followed by far too much high speed gravel compositing to the potholes and hoping they aren't too deep.

Bloody good day and happy with tyres and new truck.

Will add I got them done at cats tyres in kaiapoi, bloody good service got the spare done as well, not much change from $2000... (dodge those sharps rocks) but warranty for 80,000kms
    csmiffy likes this.

I got a price for cooper at3 400 fitted but they wouldn't take my as new A22 dunlops as trade so went with the kumbos from a different place they gave me 80 bucks each so the kumhos only cost me 220 fitted.

Been trialing out the brand new Cooper AT3 tyre for the last couple of weeks and very impressed , bloody good handling even in the wet and super quiet.
    Yet to try them properly off road but dare say they will go pretty good for a A/T.
    5 stars so far
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Just been for a good drive today on the new Cooper AT3 bloody impressed, been tarmac so far and quite enough with a bit of gravel. Tend to flick a bit of gravel into the underbelly if it's the right size gravel. First really trip today and they held up well for 38psi. Little bit of mud for 100m heaps of rocky bits over erosion Gully over track and then some big arse potholes. Followed by far too much high speed gravel compositing to the potholes and hoping they aren't too deep.

Bloody good day and happy with tyres and new truck.

Will add I got them done at cats tyres in kaiapoi, bloody good service got the spare done as well, not much change from $2000... (dodge those sharps rocks) but warranty for 80,000kms
    Did you go up to the 70 profile or stick with the 65?
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

I am running Cooper AT3's. Good off-road and fairly quiet on the tarmac. $1400 Fielddays special and a free swanni!

Tried some goodrides on my 80 series, good looking tread profile but takes a lot of wheel speed to clear them when your in that sticky clay/mud mix, breaking away sideways coming around hillside isnt fun

@gundoc I never got a swanni you lucky bugger, have to agree they are quiet on the road. Have touched them off road yet (truck is still far to new and shiny) but what I have done they were fine
    @madmaori went to the 70 Mitsubishi warranty is fine as long as Thu aren't rubbing anywhere.
    madmaori likes this.