Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Cheap 4x4 Recovery kit??

I carry snatch strops ,straight tow strop and two chains one rated 1.5tonand other 2ton.also have hilift jack ,but onboard 2ton 4ton and 6ton hyraulic jacks.shovel with manuka handleunlikely to break .plus jumper leads etc etc-all in a bloody great tin coffin in the back of the pathfinder-yep ive manged to get seriously "bogged" x3 and twice that kit did the job no worries .other time was sitting in quicksand mud up to my running boards and that needed a bloody great cockies tractor with a chain used to extract excavators!
    with virtually the whole area being this shitty soup it was marginal at least in Ts opinion so a huge bloody effort from tractor and truck and the old bitch staggered out like a wet daggy arsed ewe.lesson to all do not fuck round at wolfes RD in midwinter when its been raining like 40bastards!
    ive got a little liteweight electric winch but it isnt really frontline. Oh and ive added heavy plywood plates for under the jacks. them plus axle stands got me off a bloody great log which jammed under the diff in the rakaia riverbed!GSPfollower was there -is a wonderful slave and does a great commentary. also extracted me when i tried submarining in the pathfinder also in the rakaia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOa20qJoB8Y

From the 4 minute mark, all you need for a recovery.
    gadgetman likes this.