Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Deisel...what ttp get checked

More on the 70 cause theres nothing on telly at the moment.... Its my daily driver and im not big on off roading , but when you have a ton on the back launching from a gravel beach it helps too have something that works.
    The seats were crap so I chucked in Nissan skyline ones , the 2 piece flywheels are great but cost fuckloads and don't last long so we chucked in a solid one and a new clutch, 1990 they changed too a hilux (little ) front diff so when I got side swiped and bent the diff we put an early one in , the interior panels are all checker plate now, the electric windows gave abit of trouble but parts were real cheap and arrived over night, I got her resprayed and abit of rust done for a grand by a mate , I turned the aircon pump into a compressor (real cheap and easy , best thing I ever did ) and I made 56kgs worth of front and rear bumpers and got em galvanised . I got a set of headers chucked on too .
    Theres a crowd in aus selling everything you might want on trademe , good stuff and cheap and quick . I got a brand new Japanese made speedo cable , it arrived on my step in 4 days for 46bucks .
    Sorry for the rant , luv my little truck lol .
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    TD42

/thread
    +1

Get something with one of these in it. Have had mine for over 12 years now. Just plain solid. No mucking about with timing belts or chains.
    Pointer likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
    More on the 70 cause theres nothing on telly at the moment.... Its my daily driver and im not big on off roading , but when you have a ton on the back launching from a gravel beach it helps too have something that works.
    The seats were crap so I chucked in Nissan skyline ones , the 2 piece flywheels are great but cost fuckloads and don't last long so we chucked in a solid one and a new clutch, 1990 they changed too a hilux (little ) front diff so when I got side swiped and bent the diff we put an early one in , the interior panels are all checker plate now, the electric windows gave abit of trouble but parts were real cheap and arrived over night, I got her resprayed and abit of rust done for a grand by a mate , I turned the aircon pump into a compressor (real cheap and easy , best thing I ever did ) and I made 56kgs worth of front and rear bumpers and got em galvanised . I got a set of headers chucked on too .
    Theres a crowd in aus selling everything you might want on trademe , good stuff and cheap and quick . I got a brand new Japanese made speedo cable , it arrived on my step in 4 days for 46bucks .
    Sorry for the rant , luv my little truck lol .
    What's the company name?
    Need to replace some electric window stuff on my 80
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Onlineautoparts.
    80 window regulater for 50 bucks

Like purchased a 99 Mitzi triton diesel done about 290k when I got it, brought it knowing it was a slug, brought all new turbo gear, was the best thing I ever did, it hauls ass now with no issue "touch wood"

Great thread, very interesting read. I'm looking for a Ute got about $20k to spend, was looking at a Hilux 2007 but I keep hearing horror stories of fucked fuel injectors/seals and $8k repair bills...

Not sure what i want now, ill just keep looking.

T
    D

then spend 8 - 10k on Turbo, shocks, bushes etc. It will out last a new shitlux.

10k!!!!!
    Where the Hell do you get your parts!?

ill add the nissan to the list of thing to check out, I was looking at a newish ford ranger, they don't seem half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    I have a ford courier on trademe. Been a great truck but I am looking to upgrade to a ranger. Pm me if your interested
    Could you put the link up here?

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    10k!!!!!
    Where the Hell do you get your parts!?
    You can easy spend 6-7k on a Turbo set up alone once you factor in a 12mm pump with boost compensator etc
    Look at bigger injectors sky's the limit.
    The fact that you think someone couldn't spend 10k is more shocking

Oh no you could spend 10 alright.

But you don't have to. Turbos are cheap boost compensators if your pump hasn't already got one ain't to bad pull one off a lunched pump etc.
    Bushes and shocks are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    +1

Get something with one of these in it. Have had mine for over 12 years now. Just plain solid. No mucking about with timing belts or chains.
    yep mines somewhere around the 500,000 km mark to date

y2000+ Vehicles from the 90's have been a continual headache for me.. Anything getting close to 200k could be inline for a serious overhaul if it hasn't been done