Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Mitsi Triton vs Isuzu D Max

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Had my Triton 3.5yrs 38km only issue has been the chassis getting a bit of rust on it (it does live outside near the coast) brought the issue up with Mitsubishi, chassis got blasted and repainted with something better at their cost under the 5/10yr warranty.

The carryboy canopy on the other hand has bubbles coming up under the paint on all the metalwork and it's peeled off the roof rails, only got a 2yr warranty and they won't touch it (paid big $$ for the canopy as well)
    @223nut That’s moisture in the paint as it dried when sprayed!
    Common problem now as they have taken the VSO out of the paint. That’s the good stuff that used to make paint dry.
    223nut likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I bought a Triton and its been fantastic so far, definitely the best deal of all the mainstream utes on the market.
    I went with the GLX so i could have the diff lock.

Two issues i have with it is the turbo lag from a standing start, it is terrible unless you utterly floor it.

And i find it a pain to get in & out of, always smacking my head on the pillar on the way out, takes some getting used to....
    ANTSMAN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    I bought a Triton and its been fantastic so far, definitely the best deal of all the mainstream utes on the market.

Two issues i have with it is the turbo lag from a standing start, it is terrible unless you utterly floor it.

And i find it a pain to get in & out of, always smacking my head on the pillar on the way out, takes some getting used to....
    you can do a quick mod which turns off the EGR, reduces turbo lag and improves economy
    veitnamcam, Sika stag and Sika 8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post

Lag is easily fixed with a throttle controller. Got one on my MR Triton, and its lifechanging.
    ANTSMAN and Sika 8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Lag is easily fixed with a throttle controller. Got one on my MR Triton, and its lifechanging.
    This ^^ ,
    Put an iHike on mine for about $275, completely different vechicle.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTY View Post
    This ^^ ,
    Put an iHike on mine for about $275, completely different vechicle.
    From what I've seen, those throttle controllers just trick the ecu to thinking you're at full throttle when you're only a quater on the pedal. Could you not just give it the jandal and get the same result or do they do more than i think?
    Im dubious but kind of want to try one on my colorado....
    veitnamcam likes this.

+ 1 for the Hikeit throttle controller. You need to try it to appreciate how much difference it makes
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by Dyls View Post
    From what I've seen, those throttle controllers just trick the ecu to thinking you're at full throttle when you're only a quater on the pedal. Could you not just give it the jandal and get the same result or do they do more than i think?
    Im dubious but kind of want to try one on my colorado....
    Yep, they are just updating the throttle position signal, but do it at a speed that is impossible to match by just flooring it. I tried it both way when I got my controller. Turns out my foot was inferior to the controller every time.
    The controller also has a setting that introduces a lot less throttle response, which I have found useful when driving up the paddocks if they are really wet.
    Barefoot and Dyls like this.

I think i might give one a go then. Being able to retard the throttle when bouncung up riverbeds and such sounds handy too.
    Carbine likes this.