Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NEED NEW ALL TERRAIN TYRES

I m down to Cooper ST Maxx or BFG TAs have to decide prior to Monday morning
    Got 30 000 kms out of the tyres Toyota used. (Remuera taxi type )
    Three won't pass warrant
    Time for some 33s now with some ARB kit in it
    I think there was a wank factor thread here some place ha ha

Thoughts on just these two would be appreciated !
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I m down to Cooper ST Maxx or BFG TAs have to decide prior to Monday morning
    Got 30 000 kms out of the tyres Toyota used. (Remuera taxi type )
    Three won't pass warrant
    Time for some 33s now with some ARB kit in it
    I think there was a wank factor thread here some place ha ha

Thoughts on just these two would be appreciated !
    I was looking at these too, but then I got the price and given they are going on my wifes daily driver (which I may occasionally borrow)

It would be a case of serious WANK FACTOR.

Especially when I can get 4 AT or MT from Brigestone for price of 3 till end of the month so the ST Maxx would be almost double the price, are they worth it. Given the truck has done 8000km since she got it 2 years ago, neither are likly to be worn out any time soon
    gadgetman likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I was looking at these too, but then I got the price and given they are going on my wifes daily driver (which I may occasionally borrow)

It would be a case of serious WANK FACTOR.

Especially when I can get 4 AT or MT from Brigestone for price of 3 till end of the month so the ST Maxx would be almost double the price, are they worth it. Given the truck has done 8000km since she got it 2 years ago, neither are likly to be worn out any time soon

Arrrrrhhh!, not in my size. Not part of the deal!(of course). Bugger. There's $19 per tyre difference between the two so not too much difference they both hurt !, ha ha

Arrrrrhhh!, not in my size. Not part of the deal!(of course). Bugger. There's $19 per tyre difference between the two so not too much difference they both hurt !, ha ha
    What Size, maybe you could arm twist or prod for a better deal at the other place
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

285/75/17. Not a heap of choice really

285/75/17. Not a heap of choice really
    Ah, I only need 245/70/16s or maybe one size bigger

Friends all swear by the maxis tyres as they all seem to get around 100k out of them.i tried a set 265/70 / 16 on a colarado this year un warrantable and lasted 45k (lots of gravel and lots of heavy towing)I could have rotated and got a little more but they were done.Now using a set of mickey thompsons ,shop has guaranteed 130k so we will see.

I’ve got Cooper AT’s.
    They are wearing well.
    Mostly I’m pleased with them, but they do slip in the wet a bit.

MSL
    Shop has guaranteed 130k's? Which shop is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Cooper Tyres for the best. Top shelf prices but they last a lot longer.
    News

Coopers also do a cheaper range called Hercules. These A/T's are std on the new TRD Hilux's.

I have had good runs out of the Bridgestone Dueler 694 tyres (now called 697) on a few vehicles I've had.

Another place to check out for tyre deals is tyreshoponline.co.nz
    coopers are shit, put $1400 AT3's on our truck didnt even last 40,000kms had a coopers 50,000km warranty but since our drive way was gravel they wouldnt cover them. worst tyre i have had and a worthless warranty
    JoshC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    I'm in the market for a new set of all terrains the Goodyear silent armour AT'S have only done 20,000 kms and now they wouldn't pass a wof . I drive mainly on steep gravel roads and winding tarseal and farm work I have looked at the Maxxi 980 and they look alright , what do you fellas recon. Oh the size is 245/70/ 16 but I might wack on 245/75/16's .
    go see Trevor at beurepairs he will see you right.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    go see Trevor at beurepairs he will see you right.
    He has fitted some cooper at3's I think

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Something like the Bridestone Dueler 697 would be OK as well.
    Gravel wears tyres out in next to no time no matter what they are. Utes are hard to get tyres to last as the rear is so light the tyres wear faster than the fronts.
    Kumho has an A/T that is supposed to have better wear rates on gravel. Could just be their own smoke they're blowing. Personally haven't tried their A/T's. But their muddies have always been good. I used to use their tyres when competing in 4wd trials.

BFG A/T's are very good, but in similar price bracket to the Coopers. I found them no good for slightly greasy farm tracks though.
    Replaced them with the Bridgestones and found them marginally better off road on the farm tracks I used.
    The Goodyears I have tried in the past (including car tyres) have always worn very quickly. Won't get anymore.
    The Dunlop A/T's I've seen on Hilux's through work all wear the edges prematurely and scallop badly. Makes for terrible wear and handling.

1 thing with the Coopers, is people are getting huge k's out of them making their value for money much better. I personally know a guy that has done 120ks on 1 set of Cooper A/T's in his Nissan Patrol. He does a lot of highway, gravel roads and river bed driving. Still has plenty of life left in them as well.
    Some have gone through 3 sets of tyres in the same distance, costing a lot more in the long run.
    KL78's are fucking awesome tyres

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    He has fitted some cooper at3's I think

poor bastard he will regret that, kl78's will piss all over the coopers.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    coopers are shit, put $1400 AT3's on our truck didnt even last 40,000kms had a coopers 50,000km warranty but since our drive way was gravel they wouldnt cover them. worst tyre i have had and a worthless warranty
    I've never had the coopers, talked to a few people about them and the all said there warranty wasn't worth the piece of paper it was written on. Marks on the side walls would void the warranty, having to rotate every 5,000 km's and all sorts of other outs.
    I'm happy if I get 40 -60,000kms out of a set. I get Pissed off when you just wear (f#@k) one tyre out I'm a big fan of the BFG,s but also had a good run out of some of the cheaper AT's out there.
    mucko likes this.