Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: New hilux

Field days today, the Ford 4wd track was good, on highway tyres, the Toyota, I think I saw the new one, but cannot be sure, because they all looked the same, Ford have screwed the headlights up I think! Bought a new tractor, chainsaw and weedeater for my grandsons, you know the plastic ones. Sat in all sorts of tractors with my 2 yr old grandson, plus diggers, trucks, cars you name it. I'm shattered early night I think, God George bar was worth a visit
    gadgetman likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

NZ can't get them cuz ISIS is paying more go upgrade the fleet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Ye Olde capped service costs deal looks real good on the outset, but the dealers have to be saving costs somewhere.

I'll bet it's on the quality of replacement fluids and the amount of time taken to do the job.

My last Ranger service (30K's) was $527.50. Includes

Oil filter, $31.35
    Fuel Filter, $45.88
    125ml Bars Bugs, $3.88
    Drain plug gasket, $2.30
    Oil $198.85 (Caltex Energy 5w30)
    and Labour $176.40 which includes adjusting handbrake, resetting lights, fuel filter and bleed, oil filter and change, plug in and check codes and software update and while it was in they did the heater hose abrasion check (recall).

I have all the gear to do the job including a pit less the fancy computer and access to updates, I can't be arsed cleaning the thing and blacking the tyres and it would take me a little longer than it does them due to the fact I'm not running pneumatic oil drain systems and the like - bucket and chuck it. Parts prices are not that much higher than I can get them for on trade account including the oil cost (9.5L).

Plus, I'm working and getting paid while the service is done, it's not costing me time. The service cost for the Ranger is not excessive at all I believe. If Mazda is doing that for $200, somewhere there's a corner getting cut...
    Mazda nz subsidises the servicing to sell vehicles, they have to back up any failures under warranty so it's not in their interest to cut corners. Same as the free servicing deals, they still do the service.......
    And the dealer wants to get their money. No money in selling cars, the only profits come from accessories and servicing
    Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Well after driving a few top picks are the dmax at 50k and the ranger at 55k with the same extras.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

MSL
    Your in lala land if you think they are going to be using sub standard products just because the servicing is subsidised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk