Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: New hilux

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    I have been made aware that someone at Toyota New Zealand has been reading this thread and doesn't like some comments that have been made.
    They have gone to great lengths to track me down at work and have laid a complaint to my bosses.
    I find this action to be rather disturbing, as I have not mentioned my name or my workplace.
    I want that person to contact me personally, if they have any issue with comments and opinions, rather than the method they have undertaken to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    I work at Toyota New Zealand in the New Vehicle department here at our Corporate head office. As i say, not correct info.

This one ^^^^ ????
    Toby, BRADS and JRW87 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    I have been made aware that someone at Toyota New Zealand has been reading this thread and doesn't like some comments that have been made.
    They have gone to great lengths to track me down at work and have laid a complaint to my bosses.
    I find this action to be rather disturbing, as I have not mentioned my name or my workplace.
    I want that person to contact me personally, if they have any issue with comments and opinions, rather than the method they have undertaken to date.
    Hopefully they will read this...The new Hilux looks hideous, start making decent reliable Utes like you did pre '05'. Then I will happily buy one.
    veitnamcam, longrange308 and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Hopefully they will read this...The new Hilux looks hideous, start making decent reliable Utes like you did pre '05'. Then I will happily buy one.
    And is fucking hopeless off road, from the ln106 onward the hilux has become less and less non tarseal worthy,granted so have other brands but Toyota has gone from top of the pack to bottom of the pile of plastic shit.
    kokako and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    And is fucking hopeless off road, from the ln106 onward the hilux has become less and less non tarseal worthy,granted so have other brands but Toyota has gone from top of the pack to bottom of the pile of plastic shit.
    Bastards!

Feel for ya cambo, sad fkr should realize "this" is public opinion and if they don't like it they should change jobs or sell a better product. It's a shame the music died on this thread due to a corporate baby, was getting funny

Definitely a shame.
    Dan M

Tools not Toys
    My work 2014 hilux is a piece of shit compared even to the 2011 one I had before. 20 000kms and it has already had new brake rotors because the first ones squealed something wicked, oh yeah, the replacement ones do the same thing! Look like a right fuckwit with people staring thinking, "that retard should do his pads". Apparently a known issue. The new bigger squeaky brakes require a 17" rim so my winter muddys in the shed don't fit. These same new brakes also seem to get hot and fade faster than the old ones. The interior squeaks and creaks real bad, back seat is the worst though the drivers one is pinging and clunking bad now too, this is with on road/site use only. It just seems like corners are being cut. It's not a horrible vehicle but it can fuck off.

My "old" truck is still in the company, has 180 odd kms on it and is as quiet as a mouse, and hasn't had a dollar spent on it. Might see if workmate wants a swap.

The dealer and Toyota are lucky the truck and I are too busy working, or I would be in there all the time, demanding x is replaced, and y is fixed. I am pissed off, and I didn't even pay for the vehicle, what does that say?

When did they go from being made in Japan to made in the Phillipines? Or is that just a rumour?

I have always been pro Hilux, as have a lot of my mates, but I think unless Toyota pulls finger, there will be a heap more Amaroks and Rangers about, or maybe two Photons each!

The SR5 should still be able to come with vinyl floor too, in fact you should be able to waterblast the inside of the bastard.

That's my rant. I hope the Toyota nark doesn't come get me!
    veitnamcam, mikee and Jimmynostars like this.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

New hilux

What a fucking arsehole who has shafted Cambo ! That just stinks
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hey you wankers at Toyota, stop picking on your staff find a mirror a take a long look at yourself! Then go out and buy a Ford Ranger and learn how to build a nice reliable ute, if this is true I hope he takes a PG against you
    kokako likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

That is very, very low.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

About what you would expect from a company grasping at straws tho

Don't worry guys, the new hilux is on its way
    6mm ackley likes this.

R93
    To be fair most people on this thread are Toyota haters.
    Except me. I have never had a problem with the toyota trucks and cars I have owned and that has been nearly 30 yrs of trouble free running.
    I will be buying brand new (just not decided on which) to upgrade my current lux and for the first time ever going to a Mazda for the wife.😡

No ute on the current market is better 4WD wise than the other imo.
    I also doubt anyone on here has driven the new model, and to criticize looks compared to what else is available is just cynical.
    You don't spend 60K to bash around anyway. Most people need a mix.
    Resale is also an advantage.
    If I get the milage and use out of my new truck as I have my others I will be more than satisfied and keep buying Toyota.
    Having driven 2 other rival utes for work I can't see where all the fuss is anyway.
    They were admittedly base models of the range but absolute shit in comparison imo.
    They all have their pros and cons.
    gadgetman, Munsey and BRADS like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I'm more than happy with my hilux and brought because of mates have them and rate them . We all use ours as they are intended for , work Utes that can tow and get us to hunting spots with formed tracks./roads . And have good resale when the 5 years warranty runs out . No complaints here either
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Agree with you R93. I've always been a Toyota fan but in saying that I have had many others which have been fine. There's always a few bad ones in every batch of every brand.
    I remember going to the launch of the new bugger models and thought f#%k that, one month later I was driving one. The main reason at the time was properly because the dealership done a good deal. Sure they are full of plastic but they all are these day's. As for off road ability I find it hard to say any of the older models would be better? My vehicles get thrashed from the day they drive off the yard to the day they go back on and the only problems I've had are clutches and break pads, one gear box (someone forgot to put oil back in it after a service) which was replaced with a new one straight away.
    I think Toyota have dropped the ball taking so long to come out with a new model but I would like to think it will be good as they had 4 other brands to get ideas from.
    Would I buy the new hilux? Probably only because I'm not a fan of the others out there at the moment, I find the fords and Nissan have there seats to close to the door panels which pisses me off. In saying that I'm really enjoying the Mitsi at the moment, power delivery is a let down but the drive and comfort is the best I've experienced in a jap ute and the value is great.
    I don't think we can say the Toyotas are more expensive these days when you compare them with the ford, Nissan, VW but the re-sell is still there.
    At the end of the day I think they are all much of a muchness and the dealership you are dealing with and while I have had no issues (touch wood) with the 3 80 series, 1 100 series, 5 hiluxs, 3 vans and awaiting on the 4th 200 series to turn up I don't see any reason to change, until we start talking about American ute's, now were talking.
    As for Toyota packing a sad about someone's comments on here "pull ur head in" that's a sure fire way of losing support, have you checked out some of the 4wd forums?