Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Is there a modern reliable ute?

100 series cruiser. Drive brilliantly, reliable as. Wouldn't own anything else until all these 'new' vehicles prove reliable. My last d4d hilux cost me as much as the truck in repairs over two years. Heap of shit.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

R93
    Done over 200,000 KM in 3 sheep shaggers. Never had an issue with anything. Wouldnt be dumb enough to buy one second hand, unless I knew it. Never ever had any dramas with any toyota's I have owned to be honest. Petrol or diesel.
    Must have just fluked good vehicles for the last 30 years
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Petrol? Get a Porsche Cayenne and cut the back off it
    Spanners likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Good run r93. Bit like my old man and his mitsi's when he had them

My hilux was a dog, rattles, knocks and everytme it went for a service seething major needed done. Then it blew up.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

R93

Is there a modern reliable ute?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Good run r93. Bit like my old man and his mitsi's when he had them

My hilux was a dog, rattles, knocks and everytme it went for a service seething major needed done. Then it blew up.
    I have heard of all sorts of things going wrong with them. I seriously reckon I just fluke good ones.
    I haven't even got or had an inline water trap on any of mine. May look into it.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea,list of petrol 4wd utes anyone?
    Great Wall
    And Mitsi probably still do a 4wd one

Great Wall? Get real.
    Maca49 likes this.

What's the co you got them off tussock?

Test drives today with the ranger and Colorado, I think yr right VC to much from to small with the Colorado, like those 5 cylinders of the ranger and auto means don't worry about the gearbox, yep old man syndrome

L.R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Its got a smiley face beside it. Means hes joking. So he is real.

Im spitting tacks and daggers and ranting and raving because the left swivel hub rebuild kit I got here for a good price, is more than an aussie outfit on trademe charges for BOTH sides even with freight. Aaargh! Full rebuild with all the seals and bearings including wheel bearings = $240 for both sides. How much would that cost on a new ute?

On the bright side, they have all the rebuild kits listed. My transfer case is going to cost $260 for example and there are multiple sets of instructions online on how to do it.
    It would cost nothing on a new ute because they wouldn't be fucked for one and if they were to need replacing the dealer would be paying for it. To easy, fuck old shit vehicles just get a new one every 3 years and make servicing and repairs someone else's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    It would cost nothing on a new ute because they wouldn't be fucked for one and if they were to need replacing the dealer would be paying for it. To easy, fuck old shit vehicles just get a new one every 3 years and make servicing and repairs someone else's problem.
    I wish i could buy a new landcruiser every 3 years!
    Actually even once!

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Timmay, BRADS and Maca49 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I'm looking at a petrol this time round
    By the time you take road tax and rego into account you have to do a lot more miles in a diesel to make it cost effective.
    7mmsaum, EeeBees and 308 like this.

L.R
    Once you have bought it initially its only a top up every three years. You loose bugger all on a 4wd ute costs less than 5k a year in depreciation. And you save on not paying for service and repair costs. Most people won't even use a set of tyres in 3 years.

I all seriousness though, my cocky neighbour has one of those Ssang Yong utes with the Mercedes motors, he is on his second one, the first he put 300000kms on and said it never gave him a days trouble (and he is a bit of a rough bastard!), they cost stuff all and he says the servicing and warrantee is excellent and they gave him a great trade in to get him into a new one.

Ugly as fuck though, that's all that would put me off!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Had a look at the ranger today, seems the berries in auto 4x4, just going thru the pricing $60k on the lot.
    I'll be interested in the quotation, I think I should get about $8k off that. Lot of moola