Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Titanium testicles

Quote Originally Posted by DemocKot View Post
    Agree, they are amazing, this guy even more as he is doing pace notes two to three corners ahead in his second language(he is finnish)

holy shit, my mind could not process all that and stay on the road....
    driver looks at navigator, "what was that last one again? I didn't quite ca.......... ENDS"
    rewa likes this.
    Use enough gun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    I'm looking at a container in a paddock, out of my kitchen window. In that container is a Hayabusa. Its probably a 2008/09 model? I remember roughly when the neighbour bought it.

I hate that machine, and I'm none too fond of the guys that give them the berries on public roads. Twice we've come close to a catastrophe with that bike, both times exactly the same thing. Our little road has a short straight, from the exit of the corner at the beginning of the straight, to our driveway is 120m, with the corner exit cresting a blind rise. When you pull out of our driveway turning right, looking left is clear, right is clear, look left again, go.... as you're about 3/4 of the way into the lane, suddenly out of nowhere there's this fucking orange 2-wheeled nightmare trying to go from 180kmh+++, to 0kmh, over about 80m.

Giving a machine like that full throttle on little NZ roads with ordinary folk conducting their business at ordinary speeds, is an exceptionally selfish and unreasonable pastime. I don't much care what happens to the the rider in circumstances like that, its the collateral damage to those that he involves in an accident entirely of his own making that gets to me.
    Most of them don't do it for long before they start spending a lot of time with elderly people or worms.
    outlander likes this.

Yeah good point @viper. I've focussed my aggravation on the metal. But believe me, the rider got it too.
    Just...say...the...word

Yup, made in France (just). By Germans!
    Those Germain migrants are good workers, we got to make the best out of them :-)

It is a sad they did not push it 10k/h more , they would have broken the 300mph and 500k/h record at once. But maybe they can go for only one record at a time? The car looked like it could have achieved it.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Banned
    I don't know a lot about these type of cars but I thought it was cool but a bit slow for 2019 - I thought the cars would be faster by now. As a kid in the 1970's my brother and I were enamoured with the Porsche 917/30 with 1500 hp. They made a few as street legal ones that were sold as sports cars. At 240 mph on the track they were so stable the drivers could take their hands off the wheel and that was the non turbo 917. Who knows how fast the 1500 hp ones would be with the right gearing in a straight line and that was 1973
    A330driver, Tussock and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Then there is this guy. I assume he is from another dimension and whether they reproduce using balls I would not know. Probably lay eggs in a Hyabusa tank full of race gas.

I believe his wheelie record is just shy of the NZ land speed record.
    Hes been doing that stuff for years.

His name is Patrick Furstenhoff. Owns a Subaru dealership in Stockholm.

One of the videos, he passes a truck.... hes going like 310kph or whatever, another truck coming the other way. He gos thru the tiniest gap without even flinching on the throttle.

Its impressive in a dangerous irresponsible kinda way.
    A330driver and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I don't know a lot about these type of cars but I thought it was cool but a bit slow for 2019 - I thought the cars would be faster by now. As a kid in the 1970's my brother and I were enamoured with the Porsche 917/30 with 1500 hp. They made a few as street legal ones that were sold as sports cars. At 240 mph on the track they were so stable the drivers could take their hands off the wheel and that was the non turbo 917. Who knows how fast the 1500 hp ones would be with the right gearing in a straight line and that was 1973
    Power has very little to do with it. The 70s and 80s produced insane turbo engines with crazy, mostly undriveable deathtrap power. That's why most of them were banned, quite quickly, in LMP, F1, WRC, etc.

It's primarily a function of aerodynamics and particularly tyres. As with lots of physics problems, there are practical limits that once reached, require significant engineering effort to achieve small, incremental increases. That's why the fastest production car records were stuck in the mid- to high- 200s for so long, its damned expensive to fund the engineering gains required. In this case, getting over 300mph is mostly about tyres, and that's not a VW specialty, they need a tyre partner to go in with them, Michelin.

Reading some more about the project, there are some incredibly innovative aerodynamic changes to, stuff like where exhaust gases go, small but measurable improvements that add up!

Don't expect the next car to break the record to break it by much.
    Last edited by Flyblown; 08-09-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Just...say...the...word

320km/h in free fall on the back of a mate while he was tracking down. Every time I tried to lift my head to look at the ground my helmet was trying to pull off. It was a bit of a shock when we separated at 5000ft ( jump started from 14000ft).
    One of my most memorable jump above Langar airfield near Nottingham .
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Germans make fine shoes though. Know any German shoemakers?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    Michael Schumacher.
    Martin358, imaca and rewa like this.

Banned
    Power has very little to do with it. The 70s and 80s produced insane turbo engines with crazy, mostly undriveable deathtrap power. That's why most of them were banned, quite quickly, in LMP, F1, WRC, etc.

It's primarily a function of aerodynamics and particularly tyres. As with lots of physics problems, there are practical limits that once reached, require significant engineering effort to achieve small, incremental increases. That's why the fastest production car records were stuck in the mid- to high- 200s for so long, its damned expensive to fund the engineering gains required. In this case, getting over 300mph is mostly about tyres, and that's not a VW specialty, they need a tyre partner to go in with them, Michelin.

Reading some more about the project, there are some incredibly innovative aerodynamic changes to, stuff like where exhaust gases go, small but measurable improvements that add up!

Don't expect the next car to break the record to break it by much.
    All this extreme engineering is only within the bounds of whatever the government has regulated a road car is.

Worksafe race day

remember Top Gear" -James may had the veyron up to 440km/h on a test track -even Clarkson was imp[ressed .Richard Hammond was too in spite of his own near fatal experience in the rocket car. actually if you read hammonds book on his aftermath of that crash you suddenly develop a whole new outlook on what happens if it goes tits up at high speed.
    me na my days of drive it like ya flogged it are long gone-i prefer a more sedate pace ,get there in one piece.

Ridden in reasonably quick cars but the scariest ride by far was riding in a marathon jetboat up braided Waimak river at only 150kph. I was completely used to riding in and driving recreational jet boats doing 80-100kph so wasn't expecting it to be much different. It was! First few seconds when powering up all you see it sky as they pitch up about 35degs and driver is looking sideways to stay in correct place on river. At 120kph helmet starts pulling on chin. At 140kph it's really tugging on neck and boat is chine walking. Being in water between 2 metres and 100mm deep didn't worry me but the chine walking and overall twitchiness started to concern me. I was familiar with normal jetboat hull stay on the power and hull leaning into corners so the back off slightly, steer, full power then bow jumps across a metre or two with the tunnel hull staying absolutely flat really freaked me out. Never never ever again. Hard to image what it just be like in the turbine boats that are now doing 230+kph https://youtu.be/CoQ4FWuacPU
    Last edited by uk_exile; 18-09-2019 at 10:38 PM.

250 klicks down the Desert Road Straights, the pylons even go passed fast!
    Standing on the platform at Slough when first in England with my back to an oncoming train going through at 120 mph nearly had me shit my pants!!
    Pengy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Driving my mates m4 bmer and he reaches over and pushes the m1 button.
    Fuckme sideways with a rubber you know what!
    Makes most so called fast cars feel slugish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Pengy and rewa like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Got this sideways last summer, they just feel so in control. My mate is really living it up and sharing the love. Never thought I'd ever drive a Ferrari let alone get to thrash one.

Name:  Ferrari.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  73.2 KB
    Pengy and rewa like this.