Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What do we know about Mitsi Outlanders? Asking for....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    We just did head gasket on one, third in 2 months, we have 8 or 10 in our customer list I reckon
    What engine model and age?

So many of them out there I guess theres gotta be a few needing work. Bit like hilux's bending crankshafts and vibrating like a motherfu.... (but we can't speak ill of Toyotas).
    outlander likes this.

Bought a new 2.0litre with CVT back in 2018.
    It was fine. Very comfy, but short Missus struggled with it. Geez woman...I can drive a bloody Scania through that gap and you have trouble with an Outlander (sort of thing).
    Yeah, she had trouble seeing the width of the Outlander.
    Anyway, good car...lots of room, great on a trip...but from new we fitted Michelin tyres as the originals were damn noisy.
    And that's the only let down...road roar! Note that this is not just a problem with Outlanders. We have driven far worse (Mazda for example).
    I stripped out the entire rear interior and fitted noise suppression stuff (sticky backed rubber foam).
    Also did the rear tailgate too.
    That made the car a pleasure to drive...nice and quiet on a long trip.
    Good mileage too. About 40mpg (yeah, I'm 'old school').

We have had a 2006 v6 3 litre we bought as an import. 7 seater. it's awesome to drive the road, and great on the forestry block roads I drive. the v6 of this era has Tiptronic, not CVT. It's thirsty but man does it go.

Very comfortable for the family too.

i have the same as camD i get about 9.4 per 100 kms on a trip . its a great car not to many frills but comfortable . mines just topping 400000 kms and still going like a swiss watch.
    viper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    I have had a 2006 model for 4-5 yrs now. 4WD version. I have had an excellent run from mine , brought at 106 km and now done 255km . Other than oil, filters and tires all it's cost me in parts is $73
    They are reasonably comfortable and are a bit of a jack of all trades and a master of none.
    I commute 600 km per week ( that's a tank of gas ) and get on the odd farm track and rolling paddocks for shooting. The 4WD works but it's not a hard core off road machine but any stretch of the imagination.
    Suspension is on the softer side which makes for pleasant road travel.
    Power is ok and it will sit all day at 100 km to 120 km and has enough for overtaking.
    The CVT is not great , I never tow with mine or thrash the gas peddle . It feels very soft and I wouldn't trust it for towing . In fact I wouldn't even look at one if it's got a tow bar fitted.
    With the 4WD option they aren't they cheapest car at the gas station.
    Over all I really like mine and would own another one tomorrow, maybe I got lucky and I make sure I run good oil and change on the dot if not before.
    The Transmission is probably my biggest negative but if your aware of it and drive / use the car accordingly then hopefully it will cause no problems.
    Agree with all you've said. Mine is an old girl too 2006, just gone over onto 100K and cost nothing other than new shockies and oil changes. The 4WD is plenty for hauling fire wood out the paddocks, haven't stuck yet.

CVT is evil, nissan ones especially.
    still no way near as bad as a tesla POS though
    Carbine likes this.