Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Battery chainsaws

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    If you ever met a guy who uses Ryobi, you know he sits down to piss

I’ve been known to do a sit down piss in the middle of the night so I don’t have to turn a light on n cause temporary blindness or wake people up but yeah….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RugerM77 View Post
    Good point, I thought it was me being a messy bugger
    Some battery saw manufacturers cover their arse by stating " drain oil tank when not in use", De Walt haven't placed this option in their spew?

Not my fault @308 at my age it's just getting too heavy to lift it 5 times a night

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post

I’ve been known to do a sit down piss in the middle of the night so I don’t have to turn a light on n cause temporary blindness or wake people up but yeah….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There ya go https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/w...-in-the-shower

You're not a minority :-)
    Micky Duck likes this.

Ay, it was free. And yes, in the dark I do sit down, plus it's easier to surf the forum haha

First the Sthil lovers...

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Ay, it was free. And yes, in the dark I do sit down, plus it's easier to surf the forum haha
    just love how at times these threads go totally of subject -but all good read -
    Micky Duck likes this.

Us old guys often take forever to have a piss...so we take the chainsaw and file with us and sit down, and give the cutters a tune up while we are waiting for all to drain out

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Some battery saw manufacturers cover their arse by stating " drain oil tank when not in use", De Walt haven't placed this option in their spew?
    I've searched and it is a known fault with the 16in saws so I'm stuck with it

If I have stopped someone else from buying this lemon of a saw (although it is great in all other respects) then that's a good thing - some say sticking a bigger O ring on the cap works but haven't tried

Next time I go for a cordless it will be a Husky or Stihl
    Micky Duck likes this.

Caretaker
    I've searched and it is a known fault with the 16in saws so I'm stuck with it

If I have stopped someone else from buying this lemon of a saw (although it is great in all other respects) then that's a good thing - some say sticking a bigger O ring on the cap works but haven't tried

Next time I go for a cordless it will be a Husky or Stihl
    Can you find where the oil is leaking from and store the saw with that as it’s highest point ?
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

old cardboard box flattened under it,or block of wood..... my old 026 leaks,but good sticky oil slows it up somewhat.... so does the 025 come to think of it..both sitting on blocks of wood..no biggie,they just marking their territory.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Just sit them on matasorbs and replace when needed

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    old cardboard box flattened under it,or block of wood..... my old 026 leaks,but good sticky oil slows it up somewhat.... so does the 025 come to think of it..both sitting on blocks of wood..no biggie,they just marking their territory.
    It seems to be a thing with the oilers in those saws - I went through everything in my one (MS260) and sealed up everything. It still leaked out the bar oiler slot! Had to be coming out through the pump past the internal shaft - it is a simple round bar with a flat machined into it and I guess if the bar stops with the inlet hole from the tank lined up it just flows out. I got that sick of it I chased down a crashed saw and flogged the adjustable oil pump kit off it to upgrade the fixed oiler on my saw. Worked well, the adjustable flow was a good advantage but guess what still leaks out of the bar oiler slot!
    7mmsaum likes this.

Hey guys thanks for your suggestions which are all good but this thing gets wetter than a middle-aged woman at a Harry Styles concert

It's a design fault, pure and simple

Avoid DeWalt battery 16inch saws (hey! getr a Ryobi!) and buy saws made by people who know saws like Husky and Stihl

Ryobi have some useful gear, but like everyone these days they are a label and a lot of the actual manufacture seems outsourced. I have a Ryobi weedeater that the attachments off it fit a lot of other brands and are quite good. The motor on it has a design fault where the crank shaft isn't retained and is a simple push fit. When it gets hot, the bearing that the crank pushes into stays in place but the crankshaft slides back away from the tool head and the flywheel fouls the housing and it comes to a screaming halt. Open the crank case cover, smack the crankshaft back into position and all good for about 5 minutes of running...