Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Fishing/Dive boat options

R93 there is a southern sports 5.3 ,5.4 ? On behalf at butler marine . Seen it when I pick up mine from service . Don't no if that's your thing ? Size ? . Diciest estate , tidy boat too . 90 merc 20 k . Didn't sound over the top to me ? . If it had MCLAY on the side put 5 k plus some . Pm me if you want me to have better look at it , photos etc as 5 mins drive from me .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yep, never seen one here except on the seiners.
    Are you refering to the super seiners. Sandfords Seiners out of Tauranga only two of them have chase boats one has a 90hp Yamaha and the other has a saltwater series 90Hp mercury the yamaha is a absolute piece of shit corrosion is shocking in them motors flushed everytime with saltaway and they still fouled up with corrosion. the mercury never missed a beat. IMO the mercury is far more reliable motor and after servicing Yamahas suzukis tohatsus and mercurys i would never touch a yamaha again.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    Are you refering to the super seiners. Sandfords Seiners out of Tauranga only two of them have chase boats one has a 90hp Yamaha and the other has a saltwater series 90Hp mercury the yamaha is a absolute piece of shit corrosion is shocking in them motors flushed everytime with saltaway and they still fouled up with corrosion. the mercury never missed a beat. IMO the mercury is far more reliable motor and after servicing Yamahas suzukis tohatsus and mercurys i would never touch a yamaha again.
    Interesting in ll my years doing service on em I have NEVER EVER seen the motors gel flushed. Usually goingfull blast when the boat hits the water and back on deck and off while the fish is dealt to
    Yep I guess you might call them "super seiners" but to me anything smaller than 50m is a "toy seiner". Ones we work one are generally 50m (Solomons inshore areas) to 107m (rest of Pacific),

Chief on the boat I was on last week said the 4 Strokes were great till they broke and then they were thrown away and a new one fitted.

Hey R93, maybe we should organise a fishing trip up here and you can try all the boats till you find something you like. You can give mine a good test under the "You break it you own it rule"
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.