Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GAITERS

+1 for OR crocodiles noisy in fern etc but great to put on and awesome crossing rivers and in snow.I have never had a problem with sweating under them and they have lasted well.

I've had all sorts over the years. Currently have twin needle but a bit heavy duty and get too hot during summer hill climbs, also my summer boots are lower cut and scree gets in. But great protection in alpine scrub and snow etc.(also when I take a shot or glassing lying down in gnarly alpine stone & scratchy stuff my knees and thighs always jabbed, now I quickly pull my gaiters up to my shorts, what a relief it's like lying on a picnic blanket by comparison.) I also have neo. too sweaty. and some other soft ones but the seeds go straight through.
    Thinking of making some lighter canvas ones myself, tailored to what I want.

Kuiu are the best I have used and I have tried a few.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Sakoswarosorted likes this.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    I have these and rate them for when I’m line trimming and hunting. They open and close up the front.

https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collect...-gaiter-canvas
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

H.M
    Love my swazi gaiters they are very light weight roll up and fit in your boot so you cant forget them when your in a rush to get out the door. I dont mind the zip they keep water out fine for short crossings and snow. Very quick and easy to put on. They do sweat a bit tho. They come with the good strong understraps but i dont need them as they dont ride up at all.

I have a pair of hush puttees and I like them so far. Light cool comfortable and keep the crap out of your boots

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WillB View Post
    I have a pair of hush puttees and I like them so far. Light cool comfortable and keep the crap out of your boots
    Put them in the fire and get some Horse bandages before your toes turn black and feet fall off from sweating and circulation loss
    WillB likes this.

got a pair of long nylon ones -ok but idid get a pair of ex brit army ones -heavy duty dozer style -theyllkeep anything out and make my knee dimples look cute!!

I'm still using a 20 year old pair of Macpac ones bought originally for tramping, heavy fabric with velcro fastening down the front. They work well in the bush and having the velcro down the front doubles the protection if you bang your shins, mine even have a crampon hole in the left one from a slight accident but still going strong.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Does anyone use Mountain High Clothing gaiters?

Been thinking about getting some, but wondered if someone who had some would care to give their thoughts on them.

So i ended up buying a pair of OR crocodiles of TM brand new from Twinneedle. I thought that was very interesting, they have others for sale also.
    Shearer likes this.

Do you recommend Yukon or Kutana for use in Ruahine tussock/snow use and west coast alpine use?

I find velcro strip helps hold them up too...a pair of soccer shin pads sewn inside them is next level good....never fall down and no worries banging shins LOL.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

heres a tip for gaiter use.....if its wet and or cold and your wearing long trou......have the trou OVER the gaiters NOT INSIDE THEM.... that way the water off long grass etc runs down pants and stays outside of gaiters instead of filling up your boots. the only time I have pants inside them is summer hunting when wearing overalls (and farkall else) to protect from wasps in the ferns.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

What about that outfit in Geraldine?. Can't think of their name but aren't their gaiters pretty good?.