Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: game hoist

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @Moa Hunter i must be a fussy buggar,
    I will have to check with Rodney but I had in my mind that his has a 10mm rope not 6mm rope like the one I linked. Anyway I shot a stag of about 110 kg gutted and it pulled him up with great ease.
    bigbear likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Got a foto of your setup. Intrigued. Keen to see if possible. Thanks
    I'll set it up and take a photo later this week. The winch in mounted on a board that I attach with coach screws to our raised vege garden, and it's in the shed at the moment.

The hoist is set up in a tree in the backyard, and basically the rope is attached to a boat trailer winch. The winchstrap is attached to the end of the hoist rope, which makes it easier to pull up (due to gearing of the winch) and the winch has a rachet so you don't drop the carcass. A lot easier to pull up a heavy carcass, and I don't have to try and tie the rope off around a tree while holding the weight. And I can easily adjust the height to suit during skinning and gutting, and when breaking down.

I used to tie the rope to the front nudge bar on the ride-on mower and back up to raise the carcass, then park it up overnight.

I've got one of those plus another more basic one from the US. The TM one works fine. I have two heavy eyes screwed into reinforced trusses in my workshop so don't have to suffer flies while processing.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I'll set it up and take a photo later this week. The winch in mounted on a board that I attach with coach screws to our raised vege garden, and it's in the shed at the moment.

The hoist is set up in a tree in the backyard, and basically the rope is attached to a boat trailer winch. The winchstrap is attached to the end of the hoist rope, which makes it easier to pull up (due to gearing of the winch) and the winch has a rachet so you don't drop the carcass. A lot easier to pull up a heavy carcass, and I don't have to try and tie the rope off around a tree while holding the weight. And I can easily adjust the height to suit during skinning and gutting, and when breaking down.

I used to tie the rope to the front nudge bar on the ride-on mower and back up to raise the carcass, then park it up overnight.
    @TeRei I finally got around to setting it up and taking photos - no room in the freezer so haven't used it lately!

Name:  IMG_3720.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  568.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3723.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  568.2 KB
    rugerman, RV1 and CBH Australia like this.

Thanks. Wicked setup.

Anyone tried one of these?
    Might be the go for portable jobs.
    Just runs of a cordless drill.
    https://www.electricwinchshop.co.uk/...teel-wire.html
    Must be able to get these in NZ
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.