Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Hunting Belt Kit

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Bring some of that Spaniard grass too, I realised last week that we’re really missing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plenty in the Ruahines. The tussock around Waterfall creek is full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I will be sure to bring a pocketful of matagouri seeds with me just for you @Hiawatha if I find myself hunting the gently rolling hills of the north island one day
    Ha ha ha. I was hoping that would get a rise. Actually I am from the mighty south so am fairly well qualified to comment. The intrinsic law is that no matter where a hunter goes, they will always manage to find the most insufferable piece of crap on that block to wade through. For me there is nothing worse in the south than matagouri intertwined with briar rose vines. Matagouri on its own is but a gentle caress. Up here it is blackberry. And in both islands when you are trying to make the tops for an evening hunt there is always 3km of leatherwood. I would make the comment though that many mainlanders come north to hunt sika where there is nothing to wade through, and then wonder what all the fuss is about. Man we could start a whole new thread on this.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Jog on buddy
    At 71, Ive earned my easy hunts.

And in spite of that I will still be chasing Tahr in 3 weeks time.
    That's a great offer, I will see how schedules line up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Tried a belt, once. was a bloody pain in the ass, I like to be able to drop my pack and have no shit sticking off the side of me so I can bush bash without getting hung up or collecting a tonne of gorse etc on a belt with pouches and shit sticking out all over the show. I just run a twin needle bino biv with my Rangefinder and a few rounds in a seperate twin needle pouch and my knife also on my biv, small spare knife tucked in the side pocket and PLB on a neck lanyard and tucked inside my shirt
    Agreed, the belts by themselves can be a pain. Sewn onto a Pikau fixes the problems of both.

Jit

Banned
    Here's my belt kit with all of the usual stuff in it. The game gear bags are great and are rainproof, just not submersible proof.Name:  P_20191024belt.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  1.11 MB
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    Here's my belt kit with all of the usual stuff in it. The game gear bags are great and are rainproof, just not submersible proof.Attachment 122661
    Good. That would be the max I would want hanging off my bum and dragging my trou down.

Banned
    Buffalo Smuffalo, no bargain bag- the Game Gear pikau was $50 and the Ridgeline multi pocket belt $57 + $10 for the canvas man to sew together and shorten the straps = $117. Half the cost of the Burgalo

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Buffalo Smuffalo, no bargain bag- the Game Gear pikau was $50 and the Ridgeline multi pocket belt $57 + $10 for the canvas man to sew together and shorten the straps = $117. Half the cost of the Burgalo
    At a 3rd the quality and made in china

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames and i41do2 like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz