Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By RUMPY
  • 1 Post By MCCPRO
  • 1 Post By 30.06king
  • 3 Post By Sharki
  • 2 Post By woods223
  • 1 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By Ruawai
  • 1 Post By 30.06king
  • 1 Post By Dicko

Thread: Insole recommendation for hunting boots

Insole recommendation for hunting boots

My stock insoles in my Lowa Tibets are work right down at the heel so I need to get some new ones. Anyone have recommendations for comfortable and not too expensive after market insoles? Not looking for a custom set, just an off the shelf set that is comfy and doesn't break the bank.
    Cheers
    pic of current insoles for fun
    Name:  IMG_0971.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  2.81 MB
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

johnbull have comfortabull inserts in thier slip on work boots... they are the ducks nuts. work well in my ashleys although do add a little height as are about 1cm thick at the heel... not sure if can buy as component..well worth finding out. or steal set out of your mates boots LOL.
    jpurdon likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

A tramping page I'm a member of on Facebook has a lot of people recommending superfeet insoles. A few people mention superfeet green which has a higher arch support. I haven't tried any yet, still on my factory Lowa cardboard.
    hunt08 and jpurdon like this.

For the time spent and the money on hunting boots, spend 100-200 bucks and get some orthotics made at a podiatrist,it will change your life feet wise.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    jpurdon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpurdon View Post
    My stock insoles in my Lowa Tibets are work right down at the heel so I need to get some new ones. Anyone have recommendations for comfortable and not too expensive after market insoles? Not looking for a custom set, just an off the shelf set that is comfy and doesn't break the bank.
    Cheers
    pic of current insoles for fun
    Attachment 235178
    If you're about a UK 7 to 8 size foot I have spare insoles I'll never use . Would be happy to let you know what I have and you can decide if any might be useable.
    A lot of insoles really aggravate my feet so I remove them and insert something softer and flatter, or use nothing at all.
    If you wanted any I would send your way for the courier cost only.
    jpurdon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    If you're about a UK 7 to 8 size foot I have spare insoles I'll never use . Would be happy to let you know what I have and you can decide if any might be useable.
    A lot of insoles really aggravate my feet so I remove them and insert something softer and flatter, or use nothing at all.
    i'd be keen if jpurdon isnt. i rotate my insoles heaps as they wear out pretty quick and always seem to have shoes n boots with none at all. been a couple trips where i've realized they're not there in the car park so i keep an old spare set in the car all the time now

Having got feet that approaches fins , ms bought me Scholls from pharmacy, I then glue some hig density foam from the factory supplied ones onto it to make em wider, use flapper disc on grinder to even out any unevenness.
    I got special orthotics and do same once I wear em out
    There s a product called shoe goo I use to fill up the areas where they wear , then grind it back to shape
    Yes I'm a cheap bstrd but at 350 plus a shot...
    57jl, Micky Duck and jpurdon like this.

I wear boots all day (8-15 hours) every day and use John Bull inner soles mostly. Have tried all sorts eg. Formthotics etc,and JB do the job fine.
    Sika stag and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    @30.06king thanks for the offer mate. Those wont fit me unfortunately but sounds like @camenzie might like them. Cheers
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit ......... wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Ihave used old wetsuit neoprene with fairly good results .plus if they get wet well its an easy dry .you can get 2-3pairs out of a wetsuit all customised for your footwear
    Moa Hunter likes this.

You can buy the John Bull Soles by themself, Blackwoods have them probably Farmlands as well.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    I wear boots all day (8-15 hours) every day and use John Bull inner soles mostly. Have tried all sorts eg. Formthotics etc,and JB do the job fine.
    Me too, Not sue if they are the John Bull ones but one of the main Work Safety boot innersoles.
    Work boots are made to be used for long hours and in harsh environments, and they are worn by lots of workers daily. If they did not stand up to their claims and life expectancy no one would buy them.
    I did this on my old Miendle boots and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by jpurdon View Post
    @30.06king thanks for the offer mate. Those wont fit me unfortunately but sounds like @camenzie might like them. Cheers
    No worries.
    Just PM'd camenzie with the same offer.
    Cheers
    jpurdon likes this.

After using in soles with gell pads you won’t go back. Have a look at schools and super feet and decide which model in their range is best. I like gell pads front and rear if the boot has a stiff sole/shank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jpurdon likes this.