Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Not to confuse, in me saying open bolt i ment not shrouded like an SLR or AR
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Yea I like mine till it blew up
    Blew up as in, out of battery? That's pretty concerning. Definitely looking twice at this rifle now...

Ejected
    The most sensible advice I was given (while owning one) was with the recent drop in AR rifles why wouldn't you buy something in that line instead of a M305. They are only cheap until you add a quality scope mount.

Thanks everybody for the great response, Everything has been noted. Turner NZ handy information. For the past 3 days I have been ringing around trying to get the best deals I can. A work colleague wants one as well so where trying to get the best deal on a 2 gun sale. Not having any luck with local outlets in Wellington however Re-loaders are currently selling them for $539.00 each, with Sling and 2 mags. They cannot move on the price any further but for 2 sales there pre-paired to do free shipping. (Not Bad). I dont think we will get them any cheeper that that. Will have another look around today online and see. If anyone has any comments regarding the rifles on re-loaders for that price please let me no as an order will probable be made for two on Wednesday.

no worries mate, also if your looking at scope mounts check out Bassett M14/M1A Scope Mounts i rang him few years back and he was happy to ship to NZ.

305 with boyds 2nd m1a stock and basset mount
    Last edited by turner nz; 18-12-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Nzgunner likes this.

I'm not a fan of wood on firearms but I have to say that that is one decent looking rifle!

Turner NZ - Very very Nice mate. I agree with De la Rey, not a huge fan but that looks great.

I had one, sold it, the M14 design is kinda shitty even ignoring the "might explode" Norinco workmanship

True it ain't no AR, but it is a classic...

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    not sure the words Norinco and classic go together

M14 and classic do...

Re: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Whippdeedo its a norinco so what not everyone has 3.5k to spend on a m1a at the end of the day my 305 works well and diffentely isn't half the rifle an m1a is. I'm not saying there all good first one I had, had cycling problems, but you just take it back and get another.

sent from my Motorola Defy onto screen 5.....Defy my ass...
    foxhound likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    no worries mate, also if your looking at scope mounts check out Bassett M14/M1A Scope Mounts i rang him few years back and he was happy to ship to NZ.

305 with boyds 2nd m1a stock and basset mount
    Very nice looking shooter there, i had a redfield mounted on mine aswell 2-7x 33, not sure how solid my mount was. NZ made one from reloaders cost $245. Gun was fun too shoot and shot very well with the iron sights.

Got the rifles from Reloaders. Arrived overnight. As mentined rifles were swimming in oil but thats all good. Plan to pimp it out somewhat and Turner NZ I have checked the Boyds website and there are some nice upgrade stock's available so I will be looking into those. Plan is to get a nice stock, Scope and Suppressor so will post some pics as we go. Of course not to mention shooting the thing and hopeing it doesnt Blow Up like Beavis.
    LMAO.

Cool mate, keep us updated with progress

Have been looking at the Archangel M14 stock for my first upgrade although they are not cheep. Gun city has them listed for $600.00 so I no I can get it cheaper lol.