Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Norinco M305, M14 ?

I dunno I have a hard on for the Garand style. I've asked about one that hasn't exploded yet and shoots well (witnessed it).

I love them. They clean up nice and the 2 i have, shot really well straight out of the box. Albeit with expensive factory ammo.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I dunno I have a hard on for the Garand style. I've asked about one that hasn't exploded yet and shoots well (witnessed it).
    Buy a Garand....

Re: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Mine shoots very well cycles great etc only complaint I have with mine are the front post is far to thick, tech sights do a 0.47 I tried getting in but there currently not shipping overseas

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Just file it down until its to your likeing and put a dab of colour on it if thats your thing.

Yeah crossed my mind might have to do it save some cash

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    I love them. They clean up nice and the 2 i have, shot really well straight out of the box. Albeit with expensive factory ammo.
    The barnaul stuff is a lot cheaper than buying expensive factory ammo (BARNAUL - Price Lists). I can't reload for 80 or less cents a shot.

The last lot of barnaul i got shot minute of A4 paper at a hundred (168gr and 140gr). That was through 2 m305s a FAL and an AR10. So i load up with my expensively consistant reliable ammo and Nek Minute!..... MOA or damn close to it. Except for the FAL, but going from A4 page to claybird sized group is a big improvement even for that thing.

Just one thing it looks like the Regs will be changed so AR15s, AK47s might need a class E licence....

mine has a No.4 enfield front sight grafted on, works pretty good

Hey that's cool chrome, but think ill try stick to more original sight, can't grind mine down easily either as the dog ears protecting the sight are in the way....plan B is......undecided

maybe a set of needle files will fit??, they are quite narrow

Safety issues with Polytech M305

Howdy, all, new here. Just picked up a new Polytech M305; got it home last night, unpacked and cleaned it, discovered the safety will not engage. I understand that they will not engage unless hammr is cocked, but will not engage with hammer cocked either. When I pulled the trigger group, cocked it, tried to engage the safety, it looks like some material needs to be removed in 2 places; where the trigger block slides up in front of the trigger sear, and where the nose of the safety hooks down over the hammer safety lug. Anybody had issues with this?

Thanks in advance;
    Drifter

Mate if you bought it new take it back easiest option let the shop deal with it.

sent from my G3 using tapatalk 2
    Spanners likes this.

Safety issues with Polytech M305

Yeah, I hear ya. Problem is it was shipped out of Vancouver B.C., I emailed an told them the issue, haven't heard back. Hoping they will accept an exchange on the trigger group rather than shipping the gun both ways. I was just wondering if any one else had had this issue. Btw, what is a good ammo for these? Can one use commercial hunting rounds, or should I stick with milsurp ammo?

Thanks;
    Drifter