Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Don't be tempted to reduce the pull weight below 4.5lbs = bad joo joo

Yeah. I hear ya. Things go sideways......

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Don't be tempted to reduce the pull weight below 4.5lbs = bad joo joo
    I didn't file the sears; just used Arkansas stone on them, make them a bit smoother. Gotta watch that; can't put back what ya take off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Why out of VC?
    Surely the freight would be worth more than the gun??
    Well, I live about 700miles Northeast of there, so shipping was only $28.00 and change. I know I am a long way from most of you folks, but it;s about the guns not the locale, right?
    riflegus likes this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Well, I live about 700miles Northeast of there, so shipping was only $28.00 and change. I know I am a long way from most of you folks, but it;s about the guns not the locale, right?
    Sorry - I thought you were in NZ - obviously read Far North as your location LOL

Lol, yeah, he frozen north; the land of major snowfall and -40 temp! But, beautiful summers! And good hunting, I might add!!

My CJA m14 is great, very accurate, I want to put some usgi parts in it. Terrible on animals at close range with those irons though.

M14 | Trade Me

cant say its something i would spend lots of money on but hey everyone has the right to do what they like. i'd rather put the money into my AR the norc SKS are nicer rifles from the factory so long as you leave them with irons. mine has tech sights and its a hoot to shoot

If a guy can do most of his own work, it isn't too bad, as a rule to accurize a rifle; I have been doing my own accurizing for many years, and sometimes I get carried away with the parts. Then I add everything up, and its "Holy Crap!! I spent THAT much?? Oops! But once around the block is all any of us get, so might as well have fun on the journey. I do like to take a gun that is known for "ho-hum" accuracy, and make a tack driver out of it. Prol;em is, once there, I usually put it away in the back of the lockup, and there it sits as I move on to the next one I can't live without.
    Scouser likes this.

Well, at long last I got to go out and try out my new gun. Best $400.00 I ever spent on a gun. It shoots way better (tighter groups) than I was expecting. Performed flawlessly, shot well using Federal 150gr pointed soft point. bullets; next will try boat-tails and see how they work out. Should have tried it out before doing the lapping and polishing,though, then could have a better idea of how it improved it. Haven't forgotten about posting pics of the work I did on it, just been busy with other things.
    L8r, all.
    Drifter
    Last edited by Drifter; 26-02-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Well, finally got it out to the range for some SERIOUS shooting. The Boat-tails sucked; no further info required there. At 100 yards, accuracy is ok, not spectacular, but meat on the plate with every shot. (I have read some dismal reports on these) So my son talked me into trying to whack the gong at 315 yards at the range where he lives. First, I performed a wee bit of magic to the front sight, (classified; if i tell you, you will have to disappear...lol) he spotted for me, I walked it up, (elevation knob set at 380ish to hit spot on at 315 yards) Nothing as satisfying than hearing that hard flat "WHACK" come back after each shot. Now THAT was impressive; definitely meat on the table. Might move up in the ranks as my new moose gun. And this gun is basically stock; a few improvements to existing parts, nothing replaced. Hard to justify spending money on after market parts with that accuracy.

Regards, and happy hunting,
    Drifter....

You should try catch an M14 clinic up there

Not sure what that is; what do they do, give instruction on tuning, etc?

Yip ask here CanadianGunNutz.com

Cool. thanks.