Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: show us your chainsaws

because your hand is inside it...so cant readily come out without you wanting it too.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    How does it keep your hand where it is supposed to be?
    The mitt is attached to the handle. It is tied to the chainsaw handle using a cord that is wrapped around the handle several times. Your hand goes into the mitt. The mitt is made from leather, so is naturally "grippy".

If installed on the handle correctly (not too tight), the mitt can slide along the handle, so that you can use it in both vertical and horizontal cuts.
    McNotty, hamsav and Micky Duck like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    @Sako85

great to see someone using mitt, should be standard issue equipment
    Legal requirement for a commercial chainsaw operator. Mitt, helmet, eye pro, eat pro, chaps/pants and safety boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ebf and hamsav like this.

This is my 661c I’ve had for a while. Don’t get out to use it much but I did run a 044 and 066 also just for firewood and extra power. Name:  5C326A70-E656-4F96-8426-0357A273E689.jpeg
Views: 327
Size:  6.17 MBName:  5C326A70-E656-4F96-8426-0357A273E689.jpeg
Views: 327
Size:  6.17 MBName:  2241B574-42AF-4BF5-8E9D-14F3C640DD7C.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  3.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Eat pro ? What ,like no pies before work ( reflux is hard to work with ) .
    Typo…. ear pro

hamsav likes this.

SATURDAY....took Wife n Daughter with me to deal with downed gumtree...knew it would be close to trailerload...3.8cube....
    started with 20" bar on 251 and took limbs off at 7 foot lengths,they went on bottom of trailer,everything down to inch thick.... then swapped chain to normal one now away for muddy crusted stuff.the difference in cutting speed was unreal...cut main clean trunk right up to 20" then broke out the bigger saw..HOLY SMOKE...it was like a light saber by comparison.....talk about EAT the wood.....last cut was right on 26" trailer was chocker,5 rings in terranno...3 left in paddock for farmer to collect with tractor next time he goes past.
    got home and split half the rings...next morning split the rest...then used the old 025 in drop saw set up and dealt to the branches.....
    all three saws worked ideal in thier niche.....
    Trout and rugerman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    SATURDAY....took Wife n Daughter with me to deal with downed gumtree...knew it would be close to trailerload...3.8cube....
    started with 20" bar on 251 and took limbs off at 7 foot lengths,they went on bottom of trailer,everything down to inch thick.... then swapped chain to normal one now away for muddy crusted stuff.the difference in cutting speed was unreal...cut main clean trunk right up to 20" then broke out the bigger saw..HOLY SMOKE...it was like a light saber by comparison.....talk about EAT the wood.....last cut was right on 26" trailer was chocker,5 rings in terranno...3 left in paddock for farmer to collect with tractor next time he goes past.
    got home and split half the rings...next morning split the rest...then used the old 025 in drop saw set up and dealt to the branches.....
    all three saws worked ideal in thier niche.....
    So if money wasn’t an issue?
    Just go buy a 661 if skills allow?
    I’ve done a few years with saws but nothing that big.
    Have arborist friends to help with training.
    Cheers

Also greatly appreciate the advice of anyone who has a terranno! Still miss mine!!

I couldve bought a 661 for another $100 when puchased my one the next size down......weighing it up I believe I made the right call..... dont get me wrong I love using a 661 and the 084 I used the other month still gives me a hard on thinking about it....but in reality I dont do enough really big timber to justify it and for smaller logs,less weight to handle,lift is advantage and will be more so as I get older.

Name:  EE508B14-F209-454E-895D-865A07F6C790.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  609.3 KB
    Name:  B6AAF3BA-531A-4957-AFC7-F46ED70AC05E.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  709.2 KB
    Name:  106EF06C-F51A-46DE-8BB5-54BE2393259F.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  1.30 MB

395XP for the win. Thats a 42” bar. Was a bloody shame to see that tree go, but neighbour wanted it gone. We’ve just bought a couple brand new ones for the firewood side business. Heard the new ones are coming out but we just can’t go away from the tried and true.
    Still got the original 066 Magnum which still goes like a dream.
    Trout, rugerman, ebf and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    Legal requirement for a commercial chainsaw operator. Mitt, helmet, eye pro, eat pro, chaps/pants and safety boots.

I’ll always remember the demonstration shown to us at the training station I was at in the bay. Training manager got us first years together and wired a big mutton dog tucker leg onto a chopping block. It would’ve been the thickness of a youth human thigh at the fattest past. Asked us all how long we thought it would take to cut through with chainsaw. Few of us piped up, 3 secs, 5 secs, etc.
    He cranked up the saw and at full revs dropped it down onto leg. Less than half a second and it was into the block. Bloody good eye opener for us young fellas. It was only an 038 if I remember right.
    rugerman, ebf and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    Attachment 177910
    Attachment 177911
    Attachment 177912

395XP for the win. Thats a 42” bar. Was a bloody shame to see that tree go, but neighbour wanted it gone. We’ve just bought a couple brand new ones for the firewood side business. Heard the new ones are coming out but we just can’t go away from the tried and true.
    Still got the original 066 Magnum which still goes like a dream.
    In your second photo is that regrowth sprouting from the stump😊
    McNotty likes this.

Haha that’s my brothers regrowth. Doing what I think more kids need to do these days. Get out and about. Plus what kid doesn’t love a big bonfire at the end. Hard to beat tin foil wrapped spuds with butter in the embers and chasing the odd unfortunate scorched possum round.
    NRT, rugerman and Marty Henry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    I have seen a chainsaw injury happen and did the 1st aid thing , guy was up a tree some distance away and just as I was thinking he was a dumb arse he lost his footing and put the saw ( small , 14"bar ) into his left fore arm. Never did find out how he got on ( didn't get my T shirt back either ).
    They gotta be about the most dangerous thing around , the potential for disaster is enormous and some peeps are way to casual about them .
    Yep, the wounds can be terrible as they don’t cut into flesh, they rip and tear.
    The wounds need to be thoroughly cleaned and there’s a terrible scar.

A young fella here in our town got kick back and a permanent scar down his face. He wished he was wearing a helmet with shield which is something I have at the back of my mind when the saws come out
    Micky Duck likes this.

Name:  IMG_20210906_173845_554.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  4.93 MB
    rugerman, McNotty and Micky Duck like this.