Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: What your day pack pick? Advice needed

Thanks for that. Maybe ill have to fly down south to actually see these packs when im back next. Cheers

I'll put my vote in for Twinneedle, I've got a Minime and its serving me pretty well, although I do regret not getting the Molleme. Cactus Miklats are really good too, they really need a chest strap added tho. Twinneedle and cactus are by far ahead of the competition, could also look into K-2 packs, I'm pretty sure they do 1 or 2 daypacks that would also be good, never had any experience with them, but wouldn't hesitate to give them a go.
    Every day is leg day.

I have 2 Miklats, one I have had modified by @twinneedle to have a sternum strap, crampon pad, iceaxe loop and a pocket on the side under the compression straps.

Often end up just taking my bigger Macpac Ascent 60l or whatever it is though, and just crushing it down with compression straps to the same size as a Miklat. At least then you can easily fill it right up and it has a better harness. The Miklat gets a bit shit with 20+ kg in it, and can end up pretty lumpy with the lack of internal frame or significant padding up the back

The Cactus Huntaway looks good, hopefully a little more usable capacity than the Patrol I had, it was barely larger than a Miklat