Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: wide boot recomendations

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Everyone I know who uses Crispi has raved about them. I’m currently trying a pair of Lowa Renegades which have a nice wide fit and if anything would be a bit sloppy if you’re not a genuine wide foot. They are going ok so far.
    I have a per of crisps I liked then but the ppu part off the sole has shit them self's they on 8 months old they have done alot of kms & they a 7 day week boot & on my feet 12-14 hrs day from when I leave home & get back I usually get round the 18 months out off a per boots so iv sent theses ones back so be interested to see what they say
    Fat belly Dog likes this.

I have tried the Iowa wides and found them to narrow.
    I have just bought another pair of Stoney Creek leather boots and find them very comfortable but they are on the heavy side which I also prefer as they can take the knocks bushbashing , and last pair seemed to last well.
    Fat belly Dog likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Fat belly Dog View Post
    Thanks Daisy, Taupo is a good option to, will give them a call and see what they have in stock.

Cheers
    Don't expect any back up if anything goes wrong if you deal with him.
    Carbine and Fat belly Dog like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Don't expect any back up if anything goes wrong if you deal with him.
    I'll second that Me & my brother both end up with bad boots from him & he didn't want know a thing bot his fist questions to my was have they ever step foot in a paddock in them answer yes that's your problem they not to be worn in paddocks I didn't go any further with that. My brother had totally different boats to me they were steel caped workshop ones that was supposed to be a hundred percent waterproof within the first week he wore them outside in the rain and they leaked he blamed on him and he said at the end of the day they workshop boots not outside boots go figure but in the end my brother pushed and pushed and end up with his money back but it was a bit of a battle
    Shearer likes this.

On my 4 th pair of Meindl's . First two were island pro wide's ( I have paddles for feet) . Got one pair resoled I walked that much in them. As @Stag said Meindl Guffert . The overseas equivalent . On my second pair ( the first had a wee incident with a camp fire) with no dramas. Probably 500 Km's into this second pair with no blisters or sore feet . You get what you pay for. Just shop around online and dont get tucked by Stager sport .
    Shearer and Fat belly Dog like this.