Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty

Duck Dynasty

Duck Dynasty - 7pm Saturday on TV2

It’s the biggest show on the US Cable Channel – EVER! And for us there’s a very personal connection. One of the most unlikely rags to riches stories imaginable is coming to NZ (TV2) this Saturday and it features the Robertson family, our very good friends and the makers of Duck Commander duck calls. For 25 years at Hunting & Fishing New Zealand we have held up Duck Commander as the most ‘ducky’ and easy to blow duck call out there.

In that time we time we got to know and connect with the Robertson’s with some of our team even visiting and staying with them at their home in Louisiana where the TV show is now centred. Some of you may have even met Phil Robertson when we invited he and wife Kay to New Zealand on a seminar tour and where Phil also filmed one of his popular hunting DVD’s, ‘Duckmen of New Zealand’.

In reality Duck Dynasty has very little to do with duck hunting. In fact beavers, squirrels and bullfrogs come in for more attention. The show’s popularity can be put down to the antics of the very colourful characters and the underlying strong family values. It’s a 30 minute hoot that leaves you with a feel-good factor at the end. The redneck take on life is refreshingly un-PC, so be warned if you’re a ‘yuppie’! Interest in the show has gone viral, the Duck Dynasty Facebook page has over 5 million likes and almost 12 million people have viewed some episodes. But don’t take our word for it, check out what all the fuss is about for yourself.
    LegaSea likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Duck Dynasty - Phil's Way of Life - YouTube

I just wish he was up for election instead of the other clowns we have here .

Ken
    distant stalker likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

I have some yanks over at the mo with work and i mentioned it coming on to tv, they couldn't believe it was coming here and how a bunch of Rednecks could of got so rich from being a bunch of rednecks, i had to laugh and told them i reckon it was gonna be a hit over here.
    I cant wait for it and the good woman who does not hunt at all is even keen to watch it.

I agree with the Robertson family's moral and Christian values. If only we had more politicians like them.
    Not having a digital TV I won't see this, but I've watched some of their DVD's and a lot of their online videos.
    Looking forward to seeing how the PC, tree hugging, animal defender, lefty, atheist lot in this country react to the show.
    Should be interesting.

I doubt it will last long over here, It's a laugh but falls into the 'staged reality tv category' After watching 10 episodes+ it's just same old same old. Just like lizard lick towing or hardcore Pawn except involves shotguns and duckcallers.
    Pointer likes this.

15 minutes to woof my food down
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Hmmmmmmmm. Don't hurry. ,!!
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm. Don't hurry. ,!!
    Yeah you got that right.

I was hoping for some duck shooting.

Had no depth to it what so ever sorry !!! Maybe I am a sophisticated red neck ! What do you fullas reckon ?.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Its not what I thought it was gonna be thats for sure but its watchable

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Had no depth to it what so ever sorry !!! Maybe I am a sophisticated red neck ! What do you fullas reckon ?.
    What a crap programme was my thought.
    Happy likes this.

Fucken waist of 30 minutes.,cooking up bloody frogs no duckshooting. Will it get any better?
    CFD

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Fucken waist of 30 minutes.,cooking up bloody frogs no duckshooting. Will it get any better?
    nope theres the one about the air con breaking down in the factory, teaching his daughter to drive, losing his wedding ring, quitting to go to a rival company, taking his grand kid fishing, the list goes on.

You need to watch "duck commander" if you want their program on duck shooting. Duck Dynasty is just their reality TV.