Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: fish and game elections

But lets get some monitoring and an honest discussion happening.
    true tim but independent unbiased monitoring based on whats good for the resourse not the commercial interests.

i personaly think if you,ve got 2 to 300 tameish fed trained live decoys on a property its gonna draw every duck for miles like a refuge?? especially if theyre waiting for the right price and optimum day and not shooting as reguly as normal hunters.
    can releases work ? localised and with effective predetor control maybe short term but do they reflect good value or anything other than us trying to gloss over a more widespread deeper problem.?? we wait the mallard research with baited breath personaly i lean toward degaded waterways especially the lakes that held hundreds if not thousands and desease outbreaks and even algaeblooms as factors along with predation.
    no i dont blame it all on dairying either have a look at the lower avon apparently now a cess pit of pollution and dead birds.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 26-10-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    independent unbiased monitoring based on whats good for the resourse not the commercial interests.
    do they reflect good value or anything other than us trying to gloss over a more widespread deeper problem.??
    Commercial interests do not need to welcome any independant unbiased monitoring...commercial interests already know the answer...$$$$x$$$$ = $$$$...

Meanwhile the HB F&G had such confidence as to not heed the statutory obligation to band birds...Oh no...their minds were on bigger and better things...$$$$x$$$$ = $$$$$

However, it still does not alter the fact THAT NO CONSULTATION WAS MADE WITH THE LICENCE HOLDERS IN ANY OF THESE SUGGESTED, MURMURED OR CONTRIVED MATTERS...NOT A ONE...

PS...please correct me if I am wrong on this...
    gsp follower likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

right sorry ive been out of action computer wise but i havent forgotten the neferious bullshit that went on.
    ask yourself would the measly few months given for voters to adjust to 8 members for the hb council have flown in any other election.
    i urge all voters who are unhappy to go check your local rolls while you still can and make sure its the full role .strangly enough only a month after the election the returning officer claims not to have them or any access to them. theres some strange numbers and results in several regions that dont make sence given usual voter numbers?? adding to my paranoia is the fact you have to make an appointment to view them and be chaperoned ????ever had that last time you were down the p/o checking your voting eligability
    methinks the guides and commercial interests have got their hooks into a couple or 3 regions and theyre gonna be fuckin hard to shift after all they,d prefere to pay one ouftfit [doc] and not have to deal with f&g as well..theyre rooting f&g from the insideto get things there way just check the makeup /interests of some of the councils.eastern hb as 2 examples.
    EeeBees likes this.

I am glad your computer issues have been sorted...

we have to be chaperoned to view the rolls??...sounds like something out of one of George Orwell's novels...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    Man you are such a pessimist! There was some effective shooting and killing tame birds has to be way more for filling than breaking clays.

If it doesn't affect wild populations then I have no problem. But lets get some monitoring and an honest discussion happening.
    Yes, lets...ahem...

Man you are such a pessimist! There was some effective shooting and killing tame BIRDS has to be way more for filling than breaking clays.

If it doesn't affect wild populations then I have no problem. But lets get some MONITORING and an honest discussion happening.
    only if your the kind of gun owner/shooter who thinks poking your weapon of choice thru a 8ft fence after chasing the unrestricted game from one side of the fenced paddock to the other is fulfilling.

honest discussion went out with gentlemen jack marshall and norm kirk but the only way we,l get anywhere is to keep the bastards jumping.
    [B]we have to be chaperoned to view the rolls??...sounds like something out of one of George Orwell's novels..[B]

i know Eeebees i bloody near laughed till i cried with the pathetic absurdity of it but it do make you wonder whats to hide
    ''we have to protect firearms owners ''they might say?.
    nah by the time you figured out who was a fisho and who a gunno you,d probably be in the queenie elizabeth hotel for the aged and bewildered anyway.
    [U][B]What is so disappointing is that when you act as some have, your credibility suffers more than your ego might admit to...confidence and respect can be eroded with a single scrawl of a pen, or a lack of the scrawl of a pen...[B][U]
    but a healthy bank balance lasts till you croak Eebees and im sure the admiration and socophancy of those you think are your friends make up for the losses. NOT
    Last edited by gsp follower; 30-11-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

Just another outdoors addict
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Yes, lets...ahem...
    Omnipotence doesn't require it- nor a legitimate election for that matter.

Omnipotence doesn't require it- nor a legitimate election for that matter.
    i would say tim frank discussion and questioning is the very enemy of omnipotence ask stalin hitler or saddam even.
    its why so many tyrants spent most of thier energys on suppressing any opposition or even questioning of thier rule.not to mention paranoicaly hiding any crushing truths.
    problem is if the truth is if things are as suspected is the alternative of government commisioners palatable??
    i know the arguement ''that could things get any worse '' well yes with government interference they bloody well could.
    imagine maggie barry in charge of our future??
    where as the rot in f&g could be excorsized by the exposure and vilification of the elements seeking thier own fifedoms.
    the idea is to sink f&g from within but make it look like it was others fault,
    doc ex,es seem to be gaining posistions on councils when most havent got a clue who they are and vice versa ex f&g,ers are turning up on doc staff.
    who does a one stop shop with government controlled funding access to our licence fee,s and political appointeees suit ??
    not fuckin us i can assure you of that.
    but a permit system for guides and a different cheaper [maybe]licence system out of the one outfit with no pesky public intererence or agendas that might restrict a goverments plans for larger privatisation of our natural resourses or agricultural expansion.
    sounds like capitalist heaven to me.

i would say tim frank discussion and questioning is the very enemy of omnipotence ask stalin hitler or saddam even.
    its why so many tyrants spent most of thier energys on suppressing any opposition or even questioning of thier rule.not to mention paranoicaly hiding any crushing truths.
    problem is if the truth is if things are as suspected is the alternative of government commisioners palatable??
    i know the arguement ''that could things get any worse '' well yes with government interference they bloody well could.
    imagine maggie barry in charge of our future??
    where as the rot in f&g could be excorsized by the exposure and vilification of the elements seeking thier own fifedoms.
    the idea is to sink f&g from within but make it look like it was others fault,
    doc ex,es seem to be gaining posistions on councils when most havent got a clue who they are and vice versa ex f&g,ers are turning up on doc staff.
    who does a one stop shop with government controlled funding access to our licence fee,s and political appointeees suit ??
    but a permit system for guides and a different cheaper [maybe]licence system out of the one outfit with no pesky public intererence or agendas that might restrict a goverments plans for larger privatisation of our natural resourses or agricultural expansion.
    sounds like capitalist heaven to me.
    GSP follower...I really do want to understand what this is all about and what your grievance with F&G actually is. Its all been really difficult to follow, not being an insider and all.
    The above post of yours reads like a ramble of conspiracy theory that makes no sense to me.

Could you possibly spell out exactly what your specific concerns are so that I can begin to understand?

I have no other interest beyond wanting to understand what the hell all of this is about. I'm not a Government agent, or anything like that.

Yes it is

i know the arguement ''that could things get any worse ''

Yeah I'm not so sure. A commission would be bound by legislation and policy or at least be held closer to it. Lets not forget the legislative framework is in place to manage sports fish and game in the recreational interest of license buyers- F&G choose to ignore what it wants and ignores by enlarge legitimate enquiry, partially through the leadership of a meglamaniac but largely because "leverage" has become a large operating influence.

With a commission in place improper activity could be held to account without the fear being held that it would be detrimental to our interests by loosing "elected councils"(). Conflicted decision making more obvious. Reality is our interests or more precisely our heritage and legacy aren't being well managed.

I could care either way. I just wish I could avoid funding what its become.

Yes it is

Yeah I'm not so sure. A commission would be bound by legislation and policy or at least be held closer to it. Lets not forget the legislative framework is in place to manage sports fish and game in the recreational interest of license buyers- F&G choose to ignore what it wants and ignores by enlarge legitimate enquiry, partially through the leadership of a meglamaniac but largely because "leverage" has become a large operating influence.

With a commission in place improper activity could be held to account without the fear being held that it would be detrimental to our interests by loosing "elected councils"(). Conflicted decision making more obvious. Reality is our interests or more precisely our heritage and legacy aren't being well managed.

I could care either way. I just wish I could avoid funding what its become.
    yep but like ecan once a comissioners in and political appointees seated they can be fuckin hard to expel
    even with the industrial strength laxitive of a government change .
    GSP follower...I really do want to understand what this is all about and what YOUR grievance with F&G actually is.

the pre eminence of tourism operatorsand vested interest creeping in by hook or crook in some f&g regions at the expence of the average licence buyer and what i believe is tantamount to hijackng the democratic processclear enough for you tahr
    Last edited by gsp follower; 01-12-2015 at 08:22 PM.

hows this for a laugh the reason given for not revealing the details of the private deal for the former hb manager in the november hb minutes was ''not to hurt his future employment prospects''[.
    but getting former councillors shit slinging on a public forum and all but doing the same with the legal insinuations by current councillors to try and queer his election chances doesnt count ??
    hb says now they might canvas voters on a new election??hope the dont overload the aw and eastern computer networks
    bout fuckin time the canvassed them on something ? dropping to 8 nah large payout to former manager nah private company fishout ponds nah
    the only reason they are is they know voters wont want to cough up the 17 grand but given the admission the cocked, up the legal bills on consulting whether what some were writing on public forum was ok and the cost of buying the former managers silence.i bet 17 gs looks like a flyspeck on a elephants arse.
    is it true that the council is effectivly 7 again cos the former managers taken his dough and been told dont come monday??
    where has bryce jonson every written or said 8,s a good number for a council other than than a dubious email sent sometime to someone??
    how many of the new council are guides or have working relationships with guides or properties with special conditions or gamebird sellers.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 04-12-2015 at 04:52 PM.

something is not right in the state of hawkesbay
    minutes were claimed to be incorrect at certain meetings yet they were signed off on as true and correct.
    conflicting stories everywhere from the top the bottom and even election officials[what the f..k]
    i challenge bryce johnson to come out publicly and say why smaller councills are good and give his reasoning if he has .
    ever advocated it.
    i dont believe the abuse of process ,voters trust and backroom payoffs bad enough is what really trying to be kept from the light of day.

Further, Standing Orders section 2.22.1 Decisions to be determined by majority of votes states “The acts of a council must be done and the questions before the Council must be decided by vote and by the majority of members that are present and voting.”

The question of what voting constitutes can be inferred from Standing Orders 2.23.3 which talks about vote by voices or show of hands in relation to a motion, or electronic voting where that’s an option.”
    shame your recording of the vote wasnt as onto it as your new found knowledge of procedures.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 18-12-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

something is not right in the state of hawkesbay
    I knew it! You're a god damn genius If I haven't said it before- nothing gets solved by chatting on internet forums. From a public discussion point of view this is a dead story.

I knew it! You're a god damn genius If I haven't said it before- nothing gets solved by chatting on internet forums. From a public discussion point of view this is a dead story.
    nice of you to notice tho i realise its no news flash but ultimatly its a problem hb,ers have to sort or eastern and seemingly at national level they will lose thier independence. tho judging by the minutes giving eastern access to your licence money thats already on the cards.
    sad but true
    but only if we let it be.
    christ if f&g spent as much energy on improving voter partcipation as they have on ,lawyers,covering up and spinning this debacle maybe the disechanted licence buyers of the bay would get the councill they need rather than the one lack of interest and apathy permits.