Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Who's excited?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Just heard the first shot on the Kaipara river and it is as dark as fuck still. Are you duck shooters (reluctant to call it hunting) using thermal imaging or night vision optics now?
    40mm likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Same here Rushy, also happens every year, pitch black and already blasting away. Pretty sure that's against the rules, must be a few rule breakers out there but who am I to judge eh
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I know of a farm in Taupo area gave 300 calves the hammer two years ago
    is the hammer just a cheap way to knock off un wanted calves?
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 7x64 View Post
    Everyone on here taken their angry pills this morning? Maybe the Russians killed the calves while the Rhodesians were busy chucking the ducks over the fence...

Taking a younger bloke out tomorrow for his first opening day. As long as we get a couple each I’m sure it’ll be a good day.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Maca49 likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    is the hammer just a cheap way to knock off un wanted calves?
    It's a highly illegal way to euthanize stock which is why I have asked old mate Woody to let me know the details so it can be sorted, even left my number here for him but he doesn't want to do that so either likes letting people get away with abuse of animals, or just made the story up to begin with
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    There's a difference between humane euthanasia and bludgeoning something to death with a hammer (which you suggested has happened) so which was it? Did you just add the hammer bit to add some shock value to your story? Now I'm not sure if you're just a straight up liar or you just add little made up tidbits to your stories like schoolgirls do?
    HEY MAN, YOU HAVE GOT IT ALL WRONG.... "hammer em" is something done while no one is watching, just like how sheep like it.
    The calves are probably just feeling a little dirty, but otherwise fine.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Just for the outsider what is an "acceptable" way of applying euthanasia for stock ?
    explosives.
    Use enough gun

It's a highly illegal way to euthanize stock which is why I have asked old mate Woody to let me know the details so it can be sorted, even left my number here for him but he doesn't want to do that so either likes letting people get away with abuse of animals, or just made the story up to begin with
    CHeers, I figured that out when I read on through the thread... Im sure it will get sorted one way or another.
    Im off to shoot gun nails into high flying pieces of wood!

Iv been blasted at by a duck shooter.... he had a beer in his hand about ten minutes prior!

Anyway, i rekon there are pissed c@#ts everywhere. reckless or pissed etc same diff.
    Iv never been duck shooting but will do one day. Just need to find a plucker/cook first.....

Cheers man.
    Use enough gun

Ryan, being a bit older than you and experiencing killing calves in my younger days as I’ve said on this thread. Crushing their skulls with a piece of pipe was a very quick and humane way to kill them. It’s just not PC today and time has moved on, it looks barbarian, which people won’t stand for. In its day it was very efficient.
    CATLINS HUNTER likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Ryan, being a bit older than you and experiencing killing calves in my younger days as I’ve said on this thread. Crushing their skulls with a piece of pipe was a very quick and humane way to kill them. It’s just not PC today and time has moved on, it looks barbarian, which people won’t stand for. In its day it was very efficient.
    To tell the truth im not even sure how the way I make a living has been bought into this thread?
    10! has 270 divisors

I didnt hear any shots before light this morning....in fact I was starting to wonder if I was going to hear any at all!
    About half an hour after shootable light there were lots and lots of shots tho so I guess where I was at least people are playing by the rules.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    40mm likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I didnt hear any shots before light this morning....in fact I was starting to wonder if I was going to hear any at all!
    About half an hour after shootable light there were lots and lots of shots tho so I guess where I was at least people are playing by the rules.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    We have a few on the ground here in the wairarapa but slow going. More a evening pond where I am

To tell the truth im not even sure how the way I make a living has been bought into this thread?
    Probably because of a few examples you've witnessed, you've slandered the whole duck hunting community. Wounded ducks being left is unethical and to be avoided,but so is a lot of stuff I see in dairy....cows up to their guts in mud, lack of shelter belts....
    If you witnessed duck hunters obviously pissed and going out for a night shoot, you have a duty as a responsible firearms holder to report this illegal activity. By not reporting it, you must condone that behaviour.

This I'd the first opening in almost 30 yrs that I've missed... Fecken work and other shit...
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Probably because of a few examples you've witnessed, you've slandered the whole duck hunting community. Wounded ducks being left is unethical and to be avoided,but so is a lot of stuff I see in dairy....cows up to their guts in mud, lack of shelter belts....
    If you witnessed duck hunters obviously pissed and going out for a night shoot, you have a duty as a responsible firearms holder to report this illegal activity. By not reporting it, you must condone that behaviour.

This I'd the first opening in almost 30 yrs that I've missed... Fecken work and other shit...
    Show me where I slandered the WHOLE duck shooting community Andrew? I think that a few blokes here got a bit offended where they possibly didn't need too, but then again maybe it hit close to home hence the childish comebacks and made up stories?
    BRADS likes this.
    10! has 270 divisors

Also, I have reported plenty of illegal activity Andrew I would have thought you of all people would realise shitting where you sleep is a dangerous practice. Slander dairy farmers as much as you want because at the end of the day you're just continuing some childish he says she says argument and I don't really give a shit because I know how I operate
    10! has 270 divisors