Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Who's excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Show me where I slandered the WHOLE duck shooting community Andrew? I think that a few blokes here got a bit offended where they possibly didn't need too, but then again maybe it hit close to home hence the childish comebacks and made up stories?
    Yip, fair enough, maybe not the whole group, but it's starts to wear abit thin after a while.
    And as for shitting in my nest, you will have to agree that around the countryside, not all places follow 'farming best practice' at all times.
    Hot days and very little shade, snow on ground with little shelter, flooding.... Alot outside the control of farmer, but it's there and happens.

I'm pissed off with what you said, and did take it personally, but after a while the feathers lose some of their oil, and the shit does filter through.
    All you hear and see is fecken dirty dairy, farmers, truck drivers,hunters.....
    I can go to bed with a clear conscience, but it appears just about every fecker out there is either an armchair expert, after money or just there to stick the knife in.
    veitnamcam, Maca49, blake and 2 others like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

To tell the truth im not even sure how the way I make a living has been bought into this thread?
    What were you drinking?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Probably because of a few examples you've witnessed, you've slandered the whole duck hunting community. Wounded ducks being left is unethical and to be avoided,but so is a lot of stuff I see in dairy....cows up to their guts in mud, lack of shelter belts....
    If you witnessed duck hunters obviously pissed and going out for a night shoot, you have a duty as a responsible firearms holder to report this illegal activity. By not reporting it, you must condone that behaviour.

This I'd the first opening in almost 30 yrs that I've missed... Fecken work and other shit...
    A case to bring back lead shot?
    BRADS and berg243 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I gotta say this is silly. 6:13, pitch black out and shot guns still blasting on the Kaipara river. You couldn't see a duck at the moment if it flew into your Maimai.
    BRADS likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I gotta say this is silly. 6:13, pitch black out and shot guns still blasting on the Kaipara river. You couldn't see a duck at the moment if it flew into your Maimai.
    You really can. Shooting until 6.30 up there is easily possible

Just got off the phone with Dad looks like they had a lovely day in the Waikato.
    Got 16 so there happy. They where just sitting down for the annual roast dinner and after shoot celebration.
    This my family have been doing for as long as I can remember.
    My first experience into the world of hunting was standing on the side of the Piako river with Dad for a night shoot.
    Very jealous hope you guys all had a good Dad too.
    Good luck for tomorrow be safe. Oh and don’t forget when cleaning your guns for those with chokes give them a wipe of oil.
    jakewire likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Yes steel is crap, spent the morning chasing wounded ducks down the river some needed multiple shots. This evening took the 16g out 6 shots, 4 ducks no problems but it looks like the last time this year for sub gagues. Might have to get a muzzle loader.
    csmiffy likes this.

Also, I have reported plenty of illegal activity Andrew I would have thought you of all people would realise shitting where you sleep is a dangerous practice. Slander dairy farmers as much as you want because at the end of the day you're just continuing some childish he says she says argument and I don't really give a shit because I know how I operate
    I know what you're saying. There is dirty dairying and there are bad trigger pullers, but the vast majority of both groups are pretty damned good nowadays. And yes, the hunting community need to out the bad in them, just as the farming community do. Either out them, or even better help them to reform and be better. I'd like to see Fish & Game get into helping the few dairy places that are not up to scratch. It is a win/win for both parties rather that constantly at war with each other.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Good duck shooting weather out there now , pissing down hopefully it keeps up tomorrow
    FatLabrador likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Another still clear night here. It will be another fine day with no wind tomorrow. 5 years in a row

I'd like to see Fish & Game get into helping the few dairy places that are not up to scratch. It is a win/win for both parties rather that constantly at war with each other.
    depends on what you mean by upto scratch gadge animal welfare wise they,d be as welcome as a fart in a astronaut suit

a] i dont get on my knees for any cunt farmer or otherwise.
    if you padlock a gate on a paper road id try to talk sence to you,id involve f&G if that didnt work id.....
    i have a cordial relationship with a farmer who has had problems in the past
    he now knows what he can and cant legaly do also who to call if he has trouble and what he now doesnt do is lump everyone in the same mob.
    he also understands he has the right to close the gate to the road for any reason but not padlock it and he knows most of us who use it know to leave farmgates as we found them.
    i had a great day yesterday on a public spot .
    there only because i dont have a dog or id be on my river pond and yes no matter how good you are you,l wound birds and lose them [less ofcourse with a good dog]
    i know dairy farming and ive seen the bad ones and the good ones but you,l notice i havent lumped ypu in a group.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 06-05-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    a] i dont get on my knees for any cunt farmer or otherwise.
    if you padlock a gate on a paper road id try to talk sence to you,id involve f&G if that didnt work id then cut the fucker off.
    i have a cordial relationship with a farmer who has had problems in the past
    he now knows what he can and cant legaly do aalso who to call if he has trouble and what he now doesnt do is lump everyone in the same mob.
    he also understands he has the right to close the gate to the road for any reason but not padlock it and he knows most of we who use it know to leave farmgates as we found them.
    A: Do you have trouble controlling your emotions?

B: not a paper road, access given (in the past) as a gesture of goodwill so have every right to deny that access
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

B: not a paper road, access given (in the past) as a gesture of goodwill so have every right to deny that access
    then you can do what you like and you have every right to control access.what you dont have is the right anymore than we do to lump everyone in the same boat.
    your joking right after your posts??
    what i have trouble with is people buying land or controlling i.
    t then thinking they have the right to cut off public access when they see a few quid to be made by doing so[ ie access only for certain trout or hunting guides]
    Last edited by gsp follower; 06-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.

@gsp follower I have said directly to probably 4 or 5 different guys now in this post if you can show me where I threw you all in the same boat then I apologise unreservedly, it seems like you are all willing to throw yourself into that boat without much encouragement. Right early on in this thread there was actually some constructive conversation where a few said that yes those comments ring true but we are not all like that, this is how we do things, etc etc, then the likes of Woody and Boaraxa and yourself had to start beating your chests like I had made some kind on personal attack on you.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Come on guy deep breaths needed, I had enough "handbags at dawn" with my last employer
    Mathias and csmiffy like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.