Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Who's excited?

fair enough mikee
    all i,l say is read your first two posts and leave it at that.
    and that i didnt or wouldnt call you a dirty or cruel cockie untill i knew it for a fact
    anyway end of.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    fair enough mikee
    all i,l say is read your first two posts and leave it at that.
    and that i didnt or wouldnt call you a dirty or cruel cockie untill i knew it for a fact
    anyway end of.
    Yet you use these words mate, you can not expect any farmer to not take offence when your opening line is this...

"a] i dont get on my knees for any cunt farmer or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Yawn. Cut it out you guys

Yeah I'm bloody excited! Get to spend two and half days with five of my best mates doing something we love to do (properly may I add), and we're lucky to all catch up a couple times a year these days.

Just wrapping up at work now, and off to my mates place to crank the BBQ up, crack a cold one and wait on everyone's arrival.
    +1
    Hope you had a good day out @JoshC
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    @gsp follower I have said directly to probably 4 or 5 different guys now in this post if you can show me where I threw you all in the same boat then I apologise unreservedly, it seems like you are all willing to throw yourself into that boat without much encouragement. Right early on in this thread there was actually some constructive conversation where a few said that yes those comments ring true but we are not all like that, this is how we do things, etc etc, then the likes of Woody and Boaraxa and yourself had to start beating your chests like I had made some kind on personal attack on you.
    Your list of 3 mite be a bit on the conservative side ! not that I felt personally attacked more that you jumped on everyones fun on the eve of the season which is pretty ratshit as there is some real keen beans on here , so did anyone dump more birds on your property this weekend ? any duck shooters wounded ? iv read the stuff web no mentions of bad behaviour so far .
    gsp follower likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

I personally felt Ryan's comments took the gloss off an awesome traditional weekend for me personally. I don't want to hear that crap on the evening of duckshooting, cant sleep the night before duckshooting at the best of times.

Say what you want about duckshooting but when grown men cant sleep due to excitement well that says something.

We had a bloody good weekend, just came in from the night shoot

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    I personally felt Ryan's comments took the gloss off an awesome traditional weekend for me personally. I don't want to hear that crap on the evening of duckshooting, cant sleep the night before duckshooting at the best of times.

Say what you want about duckshooting but when grown men cant sleep due to excitement well that says something.

We had a bloody good weekend, just came in from the night shoot
    "took the gloss off?" It's a comment on the internet you don't need to agree with or take personally.
    Lighten up bro - glad you had a bloody good weekend.

Well mine was poor. My new location did not work with the weather, the malards took off first thing and then there were only Parries. I cant be bothered shooting something that I wont eat so left them alone.
    But there you have it, I got out of the house and gave it a go. Still better tan not giving it a go.
    Dundee likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I had a great day
    Only personally shot 1/2 a dozen as I was at the bottom end of the new pond and all my shots were ducks hightailing it out of there.
    Every duck shot landed in thigh high tussock so the dog got a good workout including a runner parry that ended up more than 50 yrds away from where she went down
    that Bird would never have be retrieved without a dog so I highly recommend duck hunters to take the time out and work with your dog.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Will get my dachshund out this season. I reckon he will go alright, has a awesome nose on him just no good in long grass. Should be entertaining enough anyway
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Yet you use these words mate, you can not expect any farmer to not take offence when your opening line is this...

"a] i dont get on my knees for any cunt farmer or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ryan_Songhurst

Good attitude you guys have towards those you then get on your knees for to get access. Our new place has one of the major access points into the upper rakaia on it, cant wait to put a padlock on the gate to keep the fuckwits out
    enough said

I was working so missed out on shooting. Talking to the boys and they had an average shoot, 18 birds for the weekend. Talking to others that I shoot with and they had similar results. Not rough enough to keep them flying.
    Pleasing to see no one in CSI got hurt, or prosecuted.

On another note..... I will have to concede a point to Mr Songhurst. While doing a pickup I noticed ducks circling a pond. Then the shots went of, and the birds flew away. I went over to the shooters and suggested maybe letting the ducks get another 100m closer. To which I was told to have sex with myself.
    And today I was driving up a track and noticed a pile of unprocessed ducks in the pit. Talking to the worker while pumping and casually asked how the shooting went. Awesome, but got to pissed to shoot at nite. Asked about shooting through the season and got told opening weekend only. I said an expensive licence for 2 days shooting. Nah mate no licences,ha ha.
    Told him expect a visit next year. And got told to 'go away'

So all in all bloody diappointed, but It is the first time I've come across it. All my colleagues take it seriously, although one did admit to having his coffee straight because he forgot the milk
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and BRADS like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

exactly oraki not duck hunters but opening weekend idiots like the roar got a licence and no sence.
    but just like animal wounding bigger game hunters what can you do but report them show your distain and try and set a better example.
    we had the usual 6.30 idiots to even tho its a 6.45 kick off.
    nothing more disheartening than having ducks swimming in your dekes then clowns go early.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    depends on what you mean by upto scratch gadge animal welfare wise they,d be as welcome as a fart in a astronaut suit

a] i dont get on my knees for any cunt farmer or otherwise.
    if you padlock a gate on a paper road id try to talk sence to you,id involve f&G if that didnt work id.....
    i have a cordial relationship with a farmer who has had problems in the past
    he now knows what he can and cant legaly do also who to call if he has trouble and what he now doesnt do is lump everyone in the same mob.
    he also understands he has the right to close the gate to the road for any reason but not padlock it and he knows most of us who use it know to leave farmgates as we found them.
    i had a great day yesterday on a public spot .
    there only because i dont have a dog or id be on my river pond and yes no matter how good you are you,l wound birds and lose them [less ofcourse with a good dog]
    i know dairy farming and ive seen the bad ones and the good ones but you,l notice i haven't lumped ypu in a group.
    To me it is mutual benefit to help out both parties. We both have a vested interest so why not pitch in? It is much better than going head to head all the time which just puts up barriers. In all honesty I reckon there is way too much grandstanding with a lot of organisations. The biggest difficulty should be getting around the health and safety rules. It's not grovelling or stooping, it is putting something into our sport and our wider communities. Would also show hunters in a good light rather than just the bad press when something goes wrong.
    veitnamcam, BRADS, Nickoli and 1 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I love my duck hunting, which is so much more than just shooting ducks. My son and the grand daughters have an awesome time in the mai mai, with big cooked breakfasts, I video heaps of action, we dress out all our birds, use a dog etc.
    Pre-season is spent repainting decoys, cleaning up the mai mai and surrounds. Great fun!

I can totally understand Ryan's disgust at the actions of some low lifes who just kill ducks to brag, and then chuck the birds out. Shoot bloody clay birds if you want to just shoot shit. As for drinking and shooting - I do not see that up this way, but I guess some people still drink and drive, and possibly the same ones will drink and shoot. Of the duck hunters I know, all seem to be passionate about their hunting, and many put so much more back in the form of wetland development/enhancement.

I am saddened to see that Ryan has been exposed to the crap behaviour of some shooters, and while I find his language confrontational, his reasons are understandable. Most of us duck hunters are passionate about our sport, and follow the written ( and unwritten) rules absolutely.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    I love my duck hunting, which is so much more than just shooting ducks. My son and the grand daughters have an awesome time in the mai mai, with big cooked breakfasts, I video heaps of action, we dress out all our birds, use a dog etc.
    Pre-season is spent repainting decoys, cleaning up the mai mai and surrounds. Great fun!

I can totally understand Ryan's disgust at the actions of some low lifes who just kill ducks to brag, and then chuck the birds out. Shoot bloody clay birds if you want to just shoot shit. As for drinking and shooting - I do not see that up this way, but I guess some people still drink and drive, and possibly the same ones will drink and shoot. Of the duck hunters I know, all seem to be passionate about their hunting, and many put so much more back in the form of wetland development/enhancement.

I am saddened to see that Ryan has been exposed to the crap behaviour of some shooters, and while I find his language confrontational, his reasons are understandable. Most of us duck hunters are passionate about our sport, and follow the written ( and unwritten) rules absolutely.
    On ya Lentil.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms