Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree14730Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    we are full
    I might add, I'm a West coaster that moved north and like to get get south south for the odd trip.
    I was going to say turn about, but @Pengy may not be invited, Name:  IMG_20200619_151450.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  2.77 MB

Oh and great fishing as well. 40 to 60 cm snaps and 95cm kingies,
    stingray, Pengy and Micky Duck like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Bloody hell, was that labour weekend? looked primo.
    Yea mate Saturday out there was primo!!
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I might add, I'm a West coaster that moved north and like to get get south south for the odd trip.
    I was going to say turn about, but @Pengy may not be invited, Attachment 152366

Oh and great fishing as well. 40 to 60 cm snaps and 95cm kingies,
    I recognise that view Beaker.
    Beaker likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

looks like you landed a good one Beaker

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    looks like you landed a good one Beaker
    Didn't land that one
    rugerman likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Didn't land that one
    Wasnt your bait/boat big enough?............
    Beaker and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Wasnt your bait/boat big enough?............
    I didn't have the correct licence/permit
    stingray, Allgood and Moa Hunter like this.

MB
    Cracking trip yesterday. Finally got in to some mackerel (favoured eating fish in our house), plus the usual suspects.

Lurker
    Fancy seeing you here MB!
    MB likes this.

Another hit out chasing spring snapper, this time with VC and his Dad, out of Nelson to a spot x , that seemed to be everyone’s spot x with about 8 boats covering half a k. Tide in full flood big moon and thankfully very few spikes , a variety of fish Kahawai , rig , couple of pannies , snakes ( aka Jacindas...long skinny slimy with big teeth that tax the shit out of you). Even a seahorse hanging on to the float line of the hook line.

Fished the flood , then everything went dead as the tide ran out ..tried a couple of spots more Kahawai and more Kahawai. The tide ebbed and a massive flood of milky water entered the bay from the estuary , turning all the green water to milky brown right across the whole Tasman.

Fished closer to home marking massive schools of fish ...more Kahawai stuffed full of squat lobster(krill) and 6 inch long anchovies. Ended with one carrot a handful of brim and a few fat as mud Kahawai destined for the smoker...

Fantastic day yarning laughing untangling re rigging blokeing it up. As all ways cheers VC and your dad.

Summer is coming hot a hell even with a steady southerly wind. Hope VC will post a few photos ...
    Nil durum volenti !!

@stingray there would have been one more boat covering that 1/2 a km as that was where we were heading too.

Decided to stop at about 12m as was a bit concerned for my young crew on the return journey if the conditions deteriorated.

Fishing was much the same as you. Heaps of kahawai stuffed full of squat lobster and anchovies. Quite a few small snaps (all released) and one nice big rig on the set line.

Ended up having to put the scuppers down on the way home as plenty of splash over the bow. The youngest (4yrs) developed his own technique to combat the splash, much to the amusement of his brother and me

Pretty wet by the time we got back to the carpark. On the plus side there was plenty of room for anyone else wanting to give it a try. Parking is never a premium over here.

Might be worth remembering for you nelson fellas when it goes batshit crazy over there in a week or two !!

The boys wanted to have dinner at the beach tonight so we have just been back down there. It looks so much nicer now but I guess it always does looking at the back of the waves

Even though the target species didn't make it into our bin today, i know they ARE there. We will be back at it at the next available opportunity.

Still a capital O for Orsum !! Love that shit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Name:  IMG_20201101_074555.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  2.68 MB
    A few of these around....only one larger model tho.
    Name:  IMG_20201101_083500.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  2.36 MB

Thousands of these around....sounder stacked 15m thick at times......we could easily have caught our limit of 60 if so inclined but just kept a few for the smoker.

Name:  IMG_20201101_082643.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  2.73 MB

Kevin
    Name:  IMG_20201101_120427.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  1.87 MB

Name:  IMG_20201101_124149.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  2.44 MB
    rugerman, stingray, Pengy and 7 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Seahorse looks like he may be carrying bubbas
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Plenty going on today with the rest of the family so not much time for fishing but did manage to get the boys out for a little fish this morning.

Conditions better than last week but water clarity down. Its mud in the inlet ! A few more boats out but bugger all really.

Dropped the long line, fished for 1hr and picked it up. Heaps of action on the rods, loads of small brim. Kahawai still there but seemed only to be full of anchovies not krill this week.

Ended up with 2 snaps (1 each to the LL and rods) 1 nice gurnard and plenty of kahawai.

Sorted out the next few nights dinner and one for the freezer so well worth it and plenty of fun too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Out of okiwi today 40 meter mark straight out. Trying conditions ..very little flood in the tidal movement.. sharks again a problem ..grey boy as well ..blue cod in the mud at 40 meters. Desperate times ended up baiting up hooks with squat lobsters ..worked some what four carrots and 3 keepable cod .

Water out wide was blue and clean ...seas built to an uncomfortable level pulled the and hook line...had a very large critter on hook line went through back bone. One large skate number of spikes 4 very large carpet sharks. ..in to the harbour fishing the round down on the old scallop beds ...bugger me...rounded out the day as the rain set in again
    Name:  20201107_114952.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  3.79 MB
    Nil durum volenti !!