Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14597Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Fishing today – went off the Mount with a Mate in his 7.5m extreme – no wind – but a 1.5m easterly swell from recent weather
    Target was Bluenose and Groper – 50km out – took an hour and a half to get there – but stopped for a few minutes on Pudney to get a Cuda for bait
    We could see a heap of sign on the sounder – 380m down – but they were not interested – my Mate got a few big Bluenose and a Groper there a week or so back so he knows where to go
    Another Mate turned up in a larger steel boat and stayed with us on the same ground – but they didn’t catch anything either
    So after a couple of hours we gave up and went back about 15km to another site to try for Terakihi – plenty of fish there but also plenty of Cudas – the bastards smashed our gear and fish off continually – I fed the fish about 1.30 - so after about 13 Teras in the bin – we came home to watch the yachting
    1.5m swell does not agree with me – but a great day out – and seven Teras for the fridge

Name:  20210316_090229 (2).jpg
Views: 163
Size:  509.7 KB

Name:  20210316_111549 (2).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  224.4 KB

Name:  20210316_144014 (2).jpg
Views: 166
Size:  750.7 KB
    veitnamcam, madjon_, Pengy and 7 others like this.

@time out

I'd be giving that two likes if I could.

Great to see you in the fishing thread.

Looks like a cool day out and a pretty sweet bin despite the cudas

Smoke a few frames. Could be good for your cats

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Nice boat. Shame the Bluenose weren't biting

Good size terrys.
    Bluenose,white wharahou,gemfish.

The best deepwater eating fish in order.

Best you go again and get some @time out
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Well done Mrs Shearer

Mean fish , bait eh ....now there is a surprise to many ! Me most of all! Bloody well done wonderful
    Had an afternoon in the tga Harbour last week where we couldn't keep a strayline bait in the water for longer The a few minutes without it being smashed by a kingi, wouldn't touch the livies we had out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Upgraded the wee frewza to a slightly bigger wee surtees, just before knee surgery so been a painful wait to get back out for a dive. Managed to get in the drink over the weekend for an awesome wee dive taking one each of king, trev, snap, dory, kahawai, koheru. Bloody good to be mobile again

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Upgraded the wee frewza to a slightly bigger wee surtees, just before knee surgery so been a painful wait to get back out for a dive. Managed to get in the drink over the weekend for an awesome wee dive taking one each of king, trev, snap, dory, kahawai, koheru. Bloody good to be mobile again

Wicked, more boat picks please. What size you get and what donk and options cost etc.
    Just dreaming at this stage but want to upgrade to a 5-5.5m Surtees/extreame/senator/stabi.

Do you get Barcrushers in NZ ? Be curious if so how you see the Surtees vs Barcrusher. Very similar boats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Do you get Barcrushers in NZ ? Be curious if so how you see the Surtees vs Barcrusher. Very similar boats though.
    Ive never seen one here, Surtees are popular as though. Especially here in the bay, built just down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    450 Detroit
    Was out on a mates boat last week, twin 1550 HP. Didn't get a chance to prove it, but he say a solid 39nts, just under 40knts, top speed.... Impressive for a 61footee.
    I didn't ask about the fuel burn at that, but I would guess heaps.
    Gibo likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Surtees are getting a following here also. Looking for a good used 5.5 presently. Used boat & 4wd market is Co-vid crazy

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Wicked, more boat picks please. What size you get and what donk and options cost etc.
    Just dreaming at this stage but want to upgrade to a 5-5.5m Surtees/extreame/senator/stabi.
    Just a 485 man, so not really a true 5m. More a 4.7 plus duck board. Beamy though so still plant of space for bottom bouncing and spearing. Not as good for softbaiting etc as the rocket launcher gets in the way. Was literally the biggest boat I can fit in my driveway haha.

Just has a yammy 60 on it which goes plenty well. Did 70km on the weekend, half of which was into 15 knot slop and used about 20l of gas.

Big wait times at the moment for new so purchased second hand instead.

Pretty impressed so far, handles a chop really well, rides very softly for its size, super economical and pretty stable (the frewza had it beat on stability but the surtees rides way nicer.)

If I had the space the 540 hardtop would be a damn hard boat to beat under the 5.5m mark.

Extremes are mint but you are paying a bunch of money for paint and finish which for my uses doesn't help much,

Senator and stabis both good boats, almost bought the 1450 Pro fisher the surtees rode way nicer though and the shelter of the cuddy won out over lure fish ability. Modern stabis are cleverly thought out boats, but bloody dare
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Surtees are getting a following here also. Looking for a good used 5.5 presently. Used boat & 4wd market is Co-vid crazy
    Yeah same here bro, sold my wee frewza in 30 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post

Extremes are mint but you are paying a bunch of money for paint and finish which for my uses doesn't help much,

Senator and stabis both good boats, almost bought the 1450 Pro fisher the surtees rode way nicer though and the shelter of the cuddy won out over lure fish ability. Modern stabis are cleverly thought out boats, but bloody dare
    Yea the stabi are crazy money now...Id be looking 1550 if going that way but they are small inside....like less room than my 4.5 fryan....1650 would be great but realistically way out of my price range.
    I really like the senator 540 but down here at least there isn't much difference in price between it and the extreme and the extremes fit and finish is far superior.
    Im not a fan of colour painted hulls but to have the entire hull and topsides with no protection at all like senator makes no sense, 5 years down the track ya 50k boat looks 30years old with the oxidation so have to factor in a wrap or nyalic on top of cost.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea the stabi are crazy money now...Id be looking 1550 if going that way but they are small inside....like less room than my 4.5 fryan....1650 would be great but realistically way out of my price range.
    I really like the senator 540 but down here at least there isn't much difference in price between it and the extreme and the extremes fit and finish is far superior.
    Im not a fan of colour painted hulls but to have the entire hull and topsides with no protection at all like senator makes no sense, 5 years down the track ya 50k boat looks 30years old with the oxidation so have to factor in a wrap or nyalic on top of cost.
    Wrap all the way. Nylac looks good but it's pretty finicky. Doesn't like petrol or sunblock etc. Mines nylac'd and its starting to come away. Will. Probably wrap it up

Lazercraft is another mean, often overlooked option. Nicely finished, I think they still do a 520? The latest iteration of the fc boats are good too.

Spoiled for choice here in nz. Only problem at the moment is the bloody waiting lists