Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14600Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

(bloody lost one at the boat it snapped the trace )

Mumble mumble .....NET.....mumble mumble
    Shearer likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    (bloody lost one at the boat it snapped the trace )

Mumble mumble .....NET.....mumble mumble
    It was the first one and it snapped it while I was getting the net shoulda just lifted it in.....naturally it was the biggest one by quite a margin
    They were very fresh and I just cocked up really, I left it about 2-3 foot down while I got the net which was ready and took 2 seconds but that gave it time to turn and power down, I should have wound it right to the surface so it had no traction....oh well.
    stingray likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Had the easiest fishing today. Dropped off mates dive bottle this afternoon. Had a cup of tea while I waited for him to get home, was handed 2 snapper fresh off the boat and drove home
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    It was the first one and it snapped it while I was getting the net shoulda just lifted it in.....naturally it was the biggest one by quite a margin
    They were very fresh and I just cocked up really, I left it about 2-3 foot down while I got the net which was ready and took 2 seconds but that gave it time to turn and power down, I should have wound it right to the surface so it had no traction....oh well.

Cant find a good decky for trying aye
    veitnamcam, stingray and Shearer like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Cheers for a great day out Cam Thought my bad luck with snapper was going to play out again but Cam saved the day with some nice fish. Like a milk pond out there today, couldnt of asked for better other than some more action on the rods but cant complain. Top bloke that guy Veitnamcam , even a expert on small shark catching
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and BRADS like this.

Conditions were not what was predicted got a decent feed of sea perch & only one blue cod .
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I have never had a weekend that good. Im in bed fully poked. Update tomorrow

Fingers & toes crossed we can get out to the deep trench ( 60+ ks off canterbury ) . Target species big trumpeter . Getting Very excited
    stingray and berg243 like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Fingers & toes crossed we can get out to the deep trench ( 60+ ks off canterbury ) . Target species big trumpeter . Getting Very excited
    One of my favorite eating fish the old trumpeter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    yeah I'll probably go for a paddle Board at first light and harl at the same time. Agree about the taste of Trumpeter.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

@mikee has summoned me to get up at @veitnamcam o'clock to go sharking! After last weekends effort I'm packing extra tucker and tea. Can't wait to catch up with him and yarn his ear off ..poor bugger is in for a lonnnnnnng morning!
    veitnamcam, Munsey and Gibo like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Well the morning was long but the company was brillient. We played "catch and release" with about 50+ red cod ( something not normally caught here, Same for a similar number of spiky dogs and a few baracutta as well. Only one edible leagal blue cod was nabbed by our guest fisher. Which was not retuned whilst being measured @Pengy
    Bloody good day
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

The therapy session,

Mikee got us at sparrow fart to avoid the craziness at the Nelson ramp which went to plan, we were on the water and away as the madness was beginning. Headed down the coast towards Pepin island , set up camp ,hook lines ,burley and a cup of tea.

Sharks were straight into the action along with some bloody red cod, birds going hard around us then a pod a dolphins roared passed everything screamed fish.......and fish we did ..yarned up a storm was excellent therapy for us all!

Mikee did some intel and made some phone calls not much happening around, so we pulled the hook lines and looked back towards home ...Mikee the cunning bugger put us on some reef and my mate Sol pulled a keeper cod from the blue ...yehaa ...we ate lunch had a brew, sat , yarned soaked baits all was right with the world ...trolled some repalas home, snakes were hungry but the kings were not ..Mikee got us home ahead of the sea breeze turned howling gale ..

Gave the boat a rinse had a further yarn , packed up and away. A wonderful day just what myself and Sol needed bloke time talking bloke stuff , fishing & relaxing. A huge thank you Mikee for your hospitality and trying everything in your tackle box to get us on the fish, your endless paintence and great humour made for a absolutely wonderful day.

Big hopes for @Munsey to come through with some fishing stories of epic ness ....
    Nil durum volenti !!

Im off to Stewart Island for 10 days.
    Just a chill out with my adult children and their partners coming.
    Not really fishing seriously ( yeh right ).
    Not really going diving much ( yeh right ).
    And not really hunting seriously ( yeh right @223nut ).
    But seriously going to relax and see what the Island has to offer.
    Taking 2 packrafts and have a mate joining us with another packraft a little later. So looking forward to spending some time out on them in Patterson inlet.

I believe the beer is cheap over there and groceries are expensive.
    Makes it sound like the perfect place to live off the land !

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Im off to Stewart Island for 10 days.
    Just a chill out with my adult children and their partners coming.
    Not really fishing seriously ( yeh right ).
    Not really going diving much ( yeh right ).
    And not really hunting seriously ( yeh right @223nut ).
    But seriously going to relax and see what the Island has to offer.
    Taking 2 packrafts and have a mate joining us with another packraft a little later. So looking forward to spending some time out on them in Patterson inlet.

I believe the beer is cheap over there and groceries are expensive.
    Makes it sound like the perfect place to live off the land !
    Venison in the backyard, paua on the way home from work without getting your shorts wet.... What's not to like? Ahhh the sandflies and usually the weather.
    @akaroa1 almost worth bringing over water bottles not beer, been no rain for 4weeks+