Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14476Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Out yesterday afternoon of Waitara, Taranaki, sea temps up over 20deg from 15.5 two weeks ago, snapper have spawned and moved in close enough, for me to get to them with my 14 foot tinny, fishing at 35m of the oil rig.
    Been getting lots of gunuard of the beach, on the surf rods the last few weeks, yesterday was first time, I have really got on to snapper, had to drop down to one rod,
    Caught biggest gunuard, I have ever seen, 57 cm in length, first five snapper were all over 50 cm, biggest at 63,
    Name:  IMG_0046.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  1.44 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Out yesterday afternoon of Waitara, Taranaki, sea temps up over 20deg from 15.5 two weeks ago, snapper have spawned and moved in close enough, for me to get to them with my 14 foot tinny, fishing at 35m of the oil rig.
    Been getting lots of gunuard of the beach, on the surf rods the last few weeks, yesterday was first time, I have really got on to snapper, had to drop down to one rod,
    Caught biggest gunuard, I have ever seen, 57 cm in length, first five snapper were all over 50 cm, biggest at 63,
    Attachment 79617
    A good days fishing there
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Attachment 79617
    Great photo that bottom one. Looks like something you could hang on your wall.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

No offence but @southernman are you a clean freak ? . They got to be the cleanest fish I've ever seen .
    R93 and stingray like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nope, just the way it worked out, don't get much mess of snapper, esp if Iked and straight in salt ice slurry, ky I bleed over the side and put in the motor well, for ten minutes, I did have to pressure wash and scrub boat.
    Last edited by southernman; 09-12-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
    Munsey and MB like this.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Munsey, stingray, Beaker and 2 others like this.

The view from new office, and having to work and not go fishing.... not happy.....

Name:  15129411531711105506127.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  4.82 MB
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Up at 4am this morning and off to join the queues casting sticks for Kings at Popper Point Tauranga. 2 follows but no fish, no one got any so not fussed just an off day.
    What a way to start the workday though!! Do it all again tomorrow
    Munsey, stingray, Beaker and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Up at 4am this morning and off to join the queues casting sticks for Kings at Popper Point Tauranga. 2 follows but no fish, no one got any so not fussed just an off day.
    What a way to start the workday though!! Do it all again tomorrow
    How do you rate sticks over poppers/rapala etc etc for strike rate ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    How do you rate sticks over poppers/rapala etc etc for strike rate ?
    Cant really say mate, I'm new to it. What I can say is its a very visual way to fish, always scanning and planning the next cast. And the fish when they come in are awesome to watch too!
    Pengy and Shearer like this.

The birthday bash ....yawn ....out of bed after a old man nap!

Up at VC a clock to day light ..does the sun even set anymore? Launched the boat and the hook line as the sun crested the hills ...

Epic day of fishing, VC again showed his strengths sharking hard out from spikies and chinamen to a great greyboy of 6 ft ...thought I had him on the ropes with an early if not somewhat deformed snapper only to be slaughtered once he got his second wind!

A few tasty carrots, barstard red cod and one particularly really barstard barracouta to end the day in a line tangle of CUT IT preportions ...cray bait you are you bloody filthy barstard!

Photos to follow when the head clears and the sunburn eases! A very happy getting older day to you VC! You are simply a good as barstard thank you again for every adventure we have shared.
    veitnamcam, Munsey, stug and 5 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    The birthday bash ....yawn ....out of bed after a old man nap!

Up at VC a clock to day light ..does the sun even set anymore? Launched the boat and the hook line as the sun crested the hills ...

Epic day of fishing, VC again showed his strengths sharking hard out from spikies and chinamen to a great greyboy of 6 ft ...thought I had him on the ropes with an early if not somewhat deformed snapper only to be slaughtered once he got his second wind!

A few tasty carrots, barstard red cod and one particularly really barstard barracouta to end the day in a line tangle of CUT IT preportions ...cray bait you are you bloody filthy barstard!

Photos to follow when the head clears and the sunburn eases! A very happy getting older day to you VC! You are simply a good as barstard thank you again for every adventure we have shared.
    My pleasure, always an adventure and a few laughs and a very happy birthday to you too
    Got home done clean up and pack up and filleting then fell asleep in my chair after tea
    Munsey, stingray and Shearer like this.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Kiwi Greg, R93, Munsey and 9 others like this.

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Good stuff !!
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Name:  IMG_20171215_061720.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  2.61 MB
    Name:  IMG_20171215_061707.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  3.20 MB
    Name:  IMG_20171215_064129.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  3.69 MB
    Bloody VC caught the first horse when he was on the phone yarning to @Munsey then hooked the second whilst
    Sending the photo of the first to everyone. We are still hunting for a legal kingi can not be far away now !
    veitnamcam, Munsey and deer243 like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!