Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

Like Tree1912Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

  1. #766
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Ahh there ya go then I had utubed the uni knot a while back but must have put it in the short term memory files.
    Tho I have had them come off of hooks too and I am sure that I am tying that correctly .

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    I can't remember ever having one fail

  2. #767
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I can't remember ever having one fail
    Apparently my needs are more special than most

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  3. #768
    Member MightyBoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yep....my boy just wound in a decent sized rigbut ran off to tell mum before I could get a photo.



    Nice. I have done a little bit of surfcasting, so what I say may be bullshit, but you are joining two lines of very different diameters and I would go with a specialist shock leader knot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpyLKyVDDA

    Personally, I'm now using braid for all my fishing, including surfcasting, but if you are fishing rough ground then braid is a poor choice because of it's lack of abrasion resistance.
    veitnamcam, madjon_ and stingray like this.

  4. #769
    Member Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    Nice. I have done a little bit of surfcasting, so what I say may be bullshit, but you are joining two lines of very different diameters and I would go with a specialist shock leader knot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpyLKyVDDA

    Personally, I'm now using braid for all my fishing, including surfcasting, but if you are fishing rough ground then braid is a poor choice because of it's lack of abrasion resistance.
    I use braid for everything too Can't stand the lack of feel in mono anymore and fused dynema lines like Berkley Fireline are as tough as when it comes to abrasion.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

  5. #770
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    18,108
    Yeah boi kingi hit tomorrow
    Beaker and MightyBoosh like this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  6. #771
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,868
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    Nice. I have done a little bit of surfcasting, so what I say may be bullshit, but you are joining two lines of very different diameters and I would go with a specialist shock leader knot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpyLKyVDDA

    Personally, I'm now using braid for all my fishing, including surfcasting, but if you are fishing rough ground then braid is a poor choice because of it's lack of abrasion resistance.
    Yea all my other rods are braid with a flouro leader "FG"ed on......got given the surfcaster thanks @stingray and just wound some new mono on as I didnt have any suitable braid lying round.....its like fishing with a rubber band in comparison !

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  7. #772
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah boi kingi hit tomorrow
    Do you ever catch any?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

  8. #773
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah boi kingi hit tomorrow
    Do you ever catch any?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

  9. #774
    Member stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea all my other rods are braid with a flouro leader "FG"ed on......got given the surfcaster thanks @stingray and just wound some new mono on as I didnt have any suitable braid lying round.....its like fishing with a rubber band in comparison !

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Great to see the rod getting some use VC ! Shame the reel was shithouse, still I'm happy that the ratbags left a bit of happiness along with the bloody mess! Did you get to your cray pots?
    @Gibo ...did you get some kings ?? Post some photos please !
    Nil durum volenti !!

  10. #775
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,868
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Great to see the rod getting some use VC ! Shame the reel was shithouse, still I'm happy that the ratbags left a bit of happiness along with the bloody mess! Did you get to your cray pots?
    @Gibo ...did you get some kings ?? Post some photos please !
    Hopfully today.

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    stingray likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  11. #776
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    18,108
    Ha ha ha yeah we got a few
    I kind of forgot to take pics, thats what ya get when you start the beers at 7am
    veitnamcam, Pengy and Beaker like this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  12. #777
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Ha ha ha yeah we got a few
    I kind of forgot to take pics, thats what ya get when you start the beers at 7am
    7am beerzies are all good if they come in a green bottle mate !!
    But holey shit @Gibo not waikato surely ?? U are a crazy man
    No wonder there is no pictures, you were only dreaming about it !!
    Gibo likes this.

  13. #778
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    18,108
    Waikats, heinys and steinys
    veitnamcam and kukuwai like this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  14. #779
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Out Sunday for a fish with @Munsey around south bay and dropped some cray pots.
    Did well on Blue cod and perch and a big kahawai and cuda when the sun drove me back in.


    We had a surfcast in the evening but a cuda and spiky dog were all that was managed.



    Out this morning to check pots and secured xmas lunch.



    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Now that's the story mate well done !!
    Loving that bucket of crays
    Hope you enjoyed the surf casting, my brother is right into it and has convinced me to give it a go.
    I have to say it pretty fun, I'm real keen to get an elephant fishy one day !!
    veitnamcam, stingray and Danny like this.

  15. #780
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Ha ha ha yeah we got a few
    I kind of forgot to take pics, thats what ya get when you start the beers at 7am
    Any spare game rods on the outlet rack @Gibo?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dan M

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Going for a walk tomorrow
    By Nose to tail in forum Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  2. Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow
    By Scribe in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 03:39 PM
  3. Anyone got tomorrow off........
    By Waterpig in forum Hunting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 09:55 AM
  4. Tua tomorrow
    By Maca49 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 10:58 PM
  5. I hope the op goes well for you tomorrow Toby
    By Rushy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 24-08-2013, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!