Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: The State of the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Yes the Politics and the constant dribble that goes with it has infected this place since that day.
    We had to create a new section to try and contain it to one place as it is/was a constant job removing it.
    There really isnt another option viable at this time.

If you have any ideas or solutions, then please present them

In regards to those that are being toxic, report it... if others have done the same, then they get a holiday for a few days

If you dont want to be here, then simply dont come back
    Understand your concerns. It is a Catch 22 situation. While some of the modes of expression about politics and related subjects and people are quite "hard", it is also fair to say the actual and potential effects of politics and extreme green and anti firearms persons are understandably "toxic" to most legitimate hunters and shooters, especially in the way of sudden criminalisation and govt stimulated media besmirching of our community.
    I believe our members comments should remain open to public and politicians consciencenesses. @Spanners , your remark alluding to self policing from within forum members (of outrageously bad language posts) is reasonable and sensible. Hopefully members will take that to heart.
    Adern, Clark and now UN Ambassador are all talking suppression of what "they" may consider "extremist" views. This trend makes freedom of expression critically important to be maintained on this forum on matters affecting hunting and shooting.
    Current political trends in NZ are extremely unsettling to many associated with us and this forum is IMHO an important support vehicle and potential healing brother / sisterhood for all of us as negatively impacted persons.
    Last edited by Woody; 15-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Attachment 111243

They weren’t interested in it
    There's always just that ONE.

Yes the Politics and the constant dribble that goes with it has infected this place since that day.
    We had to create a new section to try and contain it to one place as it is/was a constant job removing it.

In regards to those that are being toxic, report it... if others have done the same, then they get a holiday for a few days

As I posted before in this thread, I have seen AULRO has a current affairs thread which has accessed granted to it by a moderator and you can post in that section about politics etc and have robust discussion inside it but allows no ad homenium attacks etc and other stuff and is I believe is somehow "blocked" from search engine results so as to not affect standing of the forum as such .............................
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jesus, the Police list thread got killed after a few pages and this monstrosity is now in double digits.

I don't envy the admins. The zoo has gotten out of control.
    BRADS, Gibo and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    Maybe so. Thing is (my opinion/view) is they don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, till the reality of it bites them in lost overseas earnings because of loss of productivity.

Ideology bows to money.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

I've had to stop reading the law changes section, it was making me far too bitter. I'm now back to reading the hunting stories and buy sell section and couldnt be happier.
    Gibo and Blisters like this.

IMHO
    Our Prime Minister has been handed an opportunity to fulfill her ambitions

My prediction is - she will after a short role as NZ Prime minister, will go the way of the UN with the target (no pun intended) to get the Top Job of United Nations Secretary-General (the one Helen Clark wanted)
    Steve123 and Moa Hunter like this.

Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    IMHO

My prediction is - she will after a short role as NZ Prime minister, will go the way of the UN with the target (no pun intended) to get the Top Job of United Nations Secretary-General (the one Helen Clark wanted)
    This would be great for us in the states as it gives us many more opportunities on a much larger scale to ignore her globalist bullshit.
    Steve123 and Moa Hunter like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
    - (Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836)

ebf
    And we are off again

Name:  _2016_0112_183350_001.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  839.9 KB
    Dorkus and Blisters like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Banned

There is a difference between criticising another persons political view and criticising the govt, opposition and even world political events. That is the decision tightrope you will have to walk spanners.

I wonder if some of the discussions here and the venting could be done by some variation of a PM, where a group of people form a mini forum to chat/pisstake/discuss difficult matters.

Whether it's doable, helpful, or just re-inventing the wheel to no good effect, I don't know.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    IMHO

Based on what I know from working in francophone parts of Africa for aid organisation(s) and ongoing information you might be pleased that most likely like Helen Clark she would be "disqualified " by the lack of the french language...........
    (Fluency in English and French
    The Secretary-General should be able to speak both English and French. The requirement to speak French is enforced by the veto power of France,[17] although it has abstained in some selections.

In 1971, Max Jakobson was not supported by France because of his inability to speak French.[18] The Finnish delegation accused the French of vetoing him in the first round of voting, but the French actually abstained.[19])

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...eral_selection

Quote Originally Posted by DemocKot View Post
    Based on what I know from working in francophone parts of Africa for aid organisation(s) and ongoing information you might be pleased that most likely like Helen Clark she would be "disqualified " by the lack of the french language...........
    (Fluency in English and French
    The Secretary-General should be able to speak both English and French. The requirement to speak French is enforced by the veto power of France,[17] although it has abstained in some selections.

In 1971, Max Jakobson was not supported by France because of his inability to speak French.[18] The Finnish delegation accused the French of vetoing him in the first round of voting, but the French actually abstained.[19])

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...eral_selection
    Maybe she is getting free french lessons while meeting her french counterpart when they discuss shutting down people who stand up against her and ban facebook from NZ.
    Sarvo likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

takes a bit longer than that and macron speaks perfect english

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    I don't particularly want to get drawn in to a protracted debate but I am interested in where the assertions that "they" are coming for all firearms has arisen. There has been no mention that I'm aware of that indicates an intention to outlaw simple bolt action hunting rifles. There has been a reaction to a tragedy caused by some nutjob with a semi-auto and hi capacity magazines - The government has responded by (rightly or wrongly. Too fast, too broad, too ill-considered?) banning semi-autos and high capacity mags. They have also taken some steps to try and impact hate-speech and race/ethnicity/religion based violence - I have seen lots of comments about how we will be stripped of all of our rights and freedoms but am yet to hear a reasonable explanation of how or why...

My 2c (and yes I am probably a fuckwit, a blind and ignorant cunt or a pussy or whatever other emotionally fuelled name you want to call me)
    Well one only needs to look to Australia for the likely future. They have banned and reclassified things on the way they look like or perceived rapid fire ability. And there's lots of expensive procedures and permits and things that make life difficult.

So while "they" may not take the bolt actions or single shots "they" can make life difficult.

Also keep in mind that our hunting cartridges are much more powerful than a 223 ever will be.

As for the how or why. They'll make laws and they seriously believe some of the things they spout. Ideology sometimes trumps facts.