Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: The State of the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    What about reality? You might not be allowed to own your firearms, bolt-action or otherwise, soon. Hope you know how to make a good spear. I have a passion and it's for my right to go hunting, you compliant pussy
    There are real genuine people using their real names, talking real sense on these gun issues and advocating for everyone, but using other and more impactful platforms to do it. Those you condemn here might just be some of them. They are the brave hearted.

Fit the the fuss to the forum. Not the forum to the fuss.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Certainly agree about the beer.
    I see what you did there
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    .. I am not on FB or any other social media and believe politicians, police and the anti hunter/ shooters all take note of our feelings on here. So does the international community. This is good. ...
    Dunno about that given some of the rabid stuff on here I'd rather not be associated with. People need to remember we shouldn't be giving the hand-wringers and antis any more ammunition than they have already been handed.
    Tahr, ebf, BRADS and 2 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Gibo look what you have gone and done. Now Sidney and Tahr are maligning our favourite beverage. I am gonna let it slide for the moment but any more low blows will see me bring out my soap box and then shit will really get political. Ha ha ha ha
    Tahr and Moa Hunter like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Dunno about that given some of the rabid stuff on here I'd rather not be associated with. People need to remember we shouldn't be giving the hand-wringers and antis any more ammunition than they have already been handed.
    @6x47: A serious question: given what 'they' have already done without any ammunition from the firearms community members that are apparently to be deplored, and given that minds are already made up in Beehiveville and Cahill Central about what they intend next - does anyone really think that if we all play nicely in words (words are all that appear on the forum...) 'they' will ease up? Sheesh.

Why not just ban the people the bien-pensants here consider rabid. Start with me. Just do it. That will please Angry Andy and Confiscate'em Cahill just for a start. Although, personally I'd have thought the way to dissociate oneself from things one does not agree with posted on this forum would be to put out there in a reasoned fashion why we 'should' all be criminalized this way because of an Australian import allowed in by NZ Immigration and vetted by NZ Police etc., so forth. And why speech that people disagree with should ipso facto be considered evidence of not being fit and proper. And so forth. Because that's the script the gun collection process is following so far.

I also wonder how many other people there are who, like me, have written carefully polite and reasoned submissions at the time, and since have followed up multiple times in different fora in polite (one-way*) dialogue with Ministers and MPs and other Govt / public servants, yet cannot get any traction or engagement with those people who are now deciding our future as FAL-holders... (*The reason the dialogue is one-way is because out of 21 (so far) such phone and written engagements, only 3 were even acknowledged, with only one of those attracting a (form) letter in return which addressed none of the concerns in my letter.
    Last edited by sightpicture; 14-05-2019 at 06:18 PM.

ebf
    Can we PLEASE go back to the no politics version ?

See what is happening already ? Guys like keneff are leaving because they cant handle people having different views...

Do we really want the forum to become a "safe space" for only those who buy into one particular political view ?

Seriously guys, STOP the political shit and go back to talking about firearms, hunting and outdoors.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I can’t go hunting and shooting ebf. My guns are now illegal. I can’t buy more. I can’t sell them. I can’t export them (I checked with Customs).
    outlander likes this.

When did avoiding the difficult issues result in everyone just getting along exactly? This has been a common occurrence through the entire time that this forum has existed. Despite the no politics/religion policy.

Pretending something doesn't exist isn't a solution. Learning how to be robust and not throw tantrums is a far better outcome. That requires practice, not pretending.

By the way - where do all the balls and kids go after they leave the sandpit?
    ebf, Maca49, northdude and 2 others like this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    I can’t go hunting and shooting ebf. My guns are now illegal. I can’t buy more. I can’t sell them. I can’t export them (I checked with Customs).
    There are still many, many firearms that are "legal".

The only thing stopping you from going out and buying one and enjoying hunting or shooting is ... YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Gibo look what you have gone and done. Now Sidney and Tahr are maligning our favourite beverage. I am gonna let it slide for the moment but any more low blows will see me bring out my soap box and then shit will really get political. Ha ha ha ha
    Name:  IMG_1412.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  73.2 KB
    tetawa, Gibo, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    People need to remember a lot of things, Mate. One of them is that you have been deemed "fit and proper" - otherwise you probably wouldn't bother to be here. How long do you think your rights are going to last, things being as they are?
    outlander and sightpicture like this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Well that cracked me up and made me cackle. Classic humour.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post

The only thing stopping you from going out and buying one and enjoying hunting or shooting is ... YOU
    yeah, for the next couple fof weeks, if we're lucky. Where the hell are you coming from, @ebf? Do you have some special exclusion that the rest of us are lacking? Let us know how it feels when the forces for good come to take away your bolt-actions, please? You dangerous gun-owner, you.
    Woody, outlander and sightpicture like this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post

Good. Grief.

If you have large amounts of money to throw away no wonder you don’t GAF. Not all of us can go out and spend that way. If I could sell two to buy one I would but I can’t. Can you comprehend that echo bravo foxtrot?
    veitnamcam, tetawa, Woody and 2 others like this.

ebf
    @keneff, pull you head in

i shot competitive service rifle, so don't go assuming I am not affected by this

so currently I can not use semi's, but I am doing everything I can to support the service rifle orgs and continue to attend shoots using a bolt gun.

or I guess I can curl up in a little ball, cry and give up...
    kiwijames likes this.