Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: .338 Lapua Magnum questions

[QUOTE=7mmsaum;37177]Enjoying a 16 inch barreled 7mmsaum a lot these days, 3000fps with a 140 grainer and no problem busting targets out to 1000yrds with it. My 20 inch 7mm08 pushes the 140s at 2900 so the saum is an improvement there.

hey bro , neat little rifle. there i was just wondering for my own interest, how come you went with the short ultra mag and then cut the barrel and lost all that boost? isnt it loosing lots of the benifits of the extra powder n shit? like, if you cut the 7mm08 down to 18" or something and loaded it right up would it be pretty similar with way less powder? or was 140grs with 3000fps with and the shortest possible barrel the goal? cheers bro

L.R
    Really, Duley is the "God of guns", I thought you were the god of everything Spanners.
    tui_man2 and Proudkiwi like this.

Greg Duley is a professional in the area of guns ,it is his work and he lives and breath's it . I have seen his set up and watched the pains he goes through to ensure consistency in all that he does when loading and testing down to his chronny being under strict lighting conditions .
    If Greg passes comment he should be listened to not attacked as though some sort of idiot
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Enjoying a 16 inch barreled 7mmsaum a lot these days, 3000fps with a 140 grainer and no problem busting targets out to 1000yrds with it. My 20 inch 7mm08 pushes the 140s at 2900 so the saum is an improvement there.
    hey bro , neat little rifle. there i was just wondering for my own interest, how come you went with the short ultra mag and then cut the barrel and lost all that boost? isnt it loosing lots of the benifits of the extra powder n shit? like, if you cut the 7mm08 down to 18" or something and loaded it right up would it be pretty similar with way less powder? or was 140grs with 3000fps with and the shortest possible barrel the goal? cheers bro
    Short barrels are cool.

I imagine the blast is hell of unpleasant though.

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Greg Duley is a professional in the area of guns ,it is his work and he lives and breath's it . I have seen his set up and watched the pains he goes through to ensure consistency in all that he does when loading and testing down to his chronny being under strict lighting conditions .
    If Greg passes comment he should be listened to not attacked as though some sort of idiot
    Dude drop it or this thread will keep going for ever... there is more to this than what you see..... and I am not doubting what Greg has written but it is also true that 7mm didn't actualy state the powder (Yes Greg may have an idea but it wasn't writen) and as other powders can acheive that speed.... ahhh why am I even commenting... let it die
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

My my Spanners, how low we stoop. Yes, you're quite correct my first given name is Francis, which is a family name handed down through the generations. You have a lot of growing up to do, and so does this forum if it allows this sort of drivel to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post

As one of the few people that supports this forum through advertising I think he deserves better than that.

Wheather I agree or disagree with Gregs opinions I value having them on this forum. It adds to the debate and helps to increase my understanding (as a lot of other people's do too).
    +1

I don't know why a few of you have a bee in your bonnet about Greg & I don't really care but Spanners I think your crossing the line with the name thing.

It would be a loss to this forum if someone of Gregs knowledge & who is happy to share it packed his bags & left, a lot of the rest of us enjoy his contributions.
    tui_man2 and el borracho like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

haha mint. be keen to try the same thing out on a 7mm wsm in future. 16" long range barrel who woulda thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Short barrels are cool.
    I imagine the blast is hell of unpleasant though.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    but Spanners I think your crossing the line with the name thing.
    Nope - thats how it is - decided by mgmt

It would be a loss to this forum if someone of Gregs knowledge & who is happy to share it packed his bags & left, a lot of the rest of us enjoy his contributions.
    Hes hardly ever here and when he does its to poke a jab at 7mmsaum, KiwiGreg etc.
    I'll help pack...

Spanners - For somebody that puts so much work into the backend of the forum you seem intent on fucking it up from the frontend. I dont understand it.

Like so many of your posts, you're coming across like an arrogant, conceited, classless retard.

Come on man, you're better than that............right...............maybe......... ....

Hmmmm, I wonder how long it will be before my settings get all stuffed up again....................

HI,new to this.Im from the states and was just curious.How much does it cost you as a new zealand resident to hunt big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Duley View Post
    My my Spanners, how low we stoop. Yes, you're quite correct my first given name is Francis, which is a family name handed down through the generations. .
    I thought we were on a 1st name basis, not hiding behind names.. thats what you said wasnt it?
    After all, you call 7mmsaum Andrew, and Tuiman Abe - so thus your Francis.
    I'm Matt BTW

Greg is hardly the type to stir trouble and his disagreement are very polite -I think your are over reacting hugely -you dont want to end up a Mods gang like the other forum with cartelling bully boy tactics
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Spanners - For somebody that puts so much work into the backend of the forum you seem intent on fucking it up from the frontend. I dont understand it.

Like so many of your posts, you're coming across like an arrogant, conceited, classless retard.

Come on man, you're better than that............right...............maybe......... ....

Hmmmm, I wonder how long it will be before my settings get all stuffed up again....................
    I'll stickup for my friends or someone I've never met if they deserve it.
    You know fuck all about any of the history, however any time something arcs up you're straight in there like a groupie.
    With your head so far up your ass, I'm surprise you can still manage to gobb him off

If you dont like it
    Name:  closed-door.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  15.5 KB

AB Precision

Re: .338 Lapua Magnum questions

Maybe mods are god like normal can do on wrong

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2