Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: An accuracy challenge

my 7.62x39mm when our 14yr old son uses it with 4x scope goes 2-3" groups at 100
    that's all it needs as 150 is realistic max range for deer etc.
    have target here but not worth posting it
    horses for courses ...

Tikka 260 Sporter

100m and 300m groups
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gibo and PERRISCICABA like this.

Heres my latest effort at the range. just on bag at front with a stiff crosswind at 100m. Chaterarms fieldking 243, factory FED Powershok 100gr. Group to right is .056 and group to left is .75, cant complain with the 3-9-40 elite and my shooting lol

Top shot is my girlfriends first shot ever at 100m , not bad lol NB Adjustment made to left from first group

My Vartarg when I was developing loads. 100m 5 shots each target. Started top left corner of the target.

Name:  tgt.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  114.5 KB
    veitnamcam, Bryan, Blaser and 2 others like this.

Fuck me. That's some dead eyes and dicks there
    Dan M

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Yeah, pretty chilly working in the butts early in the morning that's for sure

Tricky range to shoot at, like you say, wind swirls a bit, and the flags are below the flight line, so easy to miss a shift.

You are more than welcome to come join us, the field was pretty evenly split between ISSF, TR-Open, FTR and F-Open. The 300m group has been letting FTR shoot with them for a couple of years, and this was the first time we had FO entries, the boys had a good run on Sun morning with 599 and 598 scores !
    Umm, dumb question time, never shot in any competition, but allways practised at the ranges I expect to be able to competently put down game, my current favourite rifle, 2506 Rem, (25" Trueflite barrel, trued 700 Rem) will shoot inch groups at 300m and will still do it in a stiff crosswind if I judge it right, would that get me laughed out of a 300m competition if I rocked up with a hunting rifle?, had kind of figured that you had to have tacticool rig and one ragged hole out to 300 would be the norm, but maybe not?

You'd probably win if you showed up and averaged 1 inch groups at 300 meters, but it won't happen. You're falling victim to the same thing this thread was sort of about, and the same thing that allthe people posting a single good group in here are also.
    ebf and Danny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Umm, dumb question time, never shot in any competition, but allways practised at the ranges I expect to be able to competently put down game, my current favourite rifle, 2506 Rem, (25" Trueflite barrel, trued 700 Rem) will shoot inch groups at 300m and will still do it in a stiff crosswind if I judge it right, would that get me laughed out of a 300m competition if I rocked up with a hunting rifle?, had kind of figured that you had to have tacticool rig and one ragged hole out to 300 would be the norm, but maybe not?
    You might get laughed at for just writing it.

I'm fucken happy to punch a 1" hole at 100 with my rifles. This talk with regards to 300m... Gees.
    Dan M

OK, so i decide to take some of the spider web from my Steel target rifle and the result is the following… I don't know if it counts but the condition was… 100mts, from the top of the bonnet in my truck without a rear bag as the setup didn't allow me to use it. I think i can "call" it a 1MOA rifle?

Name:  IMG_3283.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  700.9 KBName:  IMG_3286.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  635.7 KBName:  IMG_3287.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  559.9 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yeah but it's not accurate ?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

yeah a bit off centre Mac

Also, sorry, but the whole thread is about looking at single groups being missing the point
    Blaser, Maca49, Danny and 1 others like this.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    You'd probably win if you showed up and averaged 1 inch groups at 300 meters, but it won't happen. You're falling victim to the same thing this thread was sort of about, and the same thing that allthe people posting a single good group in here are also.
    Been shooting stuff since the mid 70's, seem to have been a victim more times than I can count. I used to shoot litre coke bottles offhand at 200 m for practice, averaged one round for one bottle for years, easy as for you experts I guess, but I was doin that with a .300 Weatherby not a 6.5 with .243 recoil.

It is just possible that there are others that don't shoot competitions, or have several thousand posts in an internet forum, that can shoot to an acceptable standard.

The thread, several years ago, was literally about people making claims like:

will shoot inch groups at 300m

and yet somehow you never see these rifles or shooters at the range or see any proof beyond the cherry-picked single best groups devoid of context which people keep posting in this very thread declaiming the practice, for some reason

It's certainly possible to have a rifle that shoots submoa or 1/3 moa consistently of course, but people need to be honest with themselves
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

don't ...have several thousand posts in an internet forum

don't worry, you'll get there.