Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22 wont cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    I dont know about anyone else, but had nothing but trouble with winchester subs, the bolt on my rifle often won't even close with them, or won't feed a round in the chamber
    If they are the new USA Winchester subs, ignore anything being a problem except them. Absolute rubbish. The reason they aren't feeding is probably the rim is too thick on your batch. Do yourself a favour and buy some CCI.
    There's a thread around here somewhere with several having issues with Winchester .22lr. USed to be good when it was made is Australia now it's dirty and greasy, inaccurate, and prone to misfires, feeding issues, and rim thickness variations.
    tetawa, Old_School and 11mms like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 11mms View Post
    Interesting. Tight chamber maybe??
    You could mic the rim thickness and check against your bolt face, depends where they're getting stuck...
    I think its to do with their rather flat nose they have on the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Makros View Post
    If they are the new USA Winchester subs, ignore anything being a problem except them. Absolute rubbish. The reason they aren't feeding is probably the rim is too thick on your batch. Do yourself a favour and buy some CCI.
    There's a thread around here somewhere with several having issues with Winchester .22lr. USed to be good when it was made is Australia now it's dirty and greasy, inaccurate, and prone to misfires, feeding issues, and rim thickness variations.
    I was told it was to do with the shape of the projectilies on the american made stuff, and yes I do use CCI, i had to opt for winchester because at the time they didnt have any CCI in stock and I was also trying to diagnose a fault in a gun where I was told the particular make of rifle didnt like CCI.
    So I have a few winchester rounds in surplus that I will probably just use for plinking.

I also see gun city have a supply of australian made winchester available, is this just NOS?

Aus hasn't had a production run in years
    tetawa likes this.

Australian factory kaput. Won't be manufacturing anymore