Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bi-pod mounting

Well the imitation versapod finally gave up and broke as seen here
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...913/#post69286
    the genuine one is much better but is noticeably heavier

What about mounting a bipod in such a way as that the legs are on the fore stock and when not folded down are in line with the stock,mounted in line with the sling swivel stud?the legs being mounted on either side of the stock?get my drift lol?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    SOMEWHERE (and I cant find it again) I have seen a harris adaptor that prob fixes these issues to an extent.
    I was looking for a fix also a while ago, but dont like Atlas/PH etc style bipods as find them 'floppy'
    To put it crudely, its a plate adaptor and mounts to the sling stud. At the back of the plate is a sling mount - so the fwd pickup for the sling is only 1/2" further back than orginally and close to the stock.
    The harris mounts on another stud that is forward further.
    Clearance for your podlocks etc to stop digging into you and almost factory mounting position for the swivel.
    Ive been meaning to make one for a while as cant find who was selling them (or if they still are) but as usual its just another 'thing' on the list of a million others

Re: Bi-pod mounting

Like this?

Mayb not this is a quick detach system
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    What about mounting a bipod in such a way as that the legs are on the fore stock and when not folded down are in line with the stock,mounted in line with the sling swivel stud?the legs being mounted on either side of the stock?get my drift lol?
    like a steyr?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Like this?

Mayb not this is a quick detach system
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Sort of, but without the quick detach, and thus the bipod closer to the stock,but a bit further forward

My LR rig is very barrel heavy--food for the bench--but as the rifle weighs 21# I never carry the bench on a hunt... However, shooting prone that muzzle weight is disastrousName:  Atlas Offset.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  712.3 KB to any accuracy I may have achieved. So I experimented and the pic shows the final result. It places the weight between the butt and forend and is steady as a rock. The Atlas is affixed via a Badger/Atlas rail; the rail affixed to the stock by two through bolts. Whereupon I removed the rail--leaving the original epoxied in nylocs--and mounted the aluminum 1/4x1 1/4 flat stock using existing stock holes/nuts. Drilled the required holes in the aluminum--enough so adjustment is easily accomplished--and alas...

I should mention the sling used (not sure I have a pic of sling on rifle; we'll see). It's a both-shoulder QD (using cups) job and in using the present extended forend it provides some most comfortable flex when carrying. The both-shoulder makes carrying this beast possible in the environment utilized hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    like a steyr?
    yes similar to that,like a sako bipod for their 22/44 trg series