Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: New bunny gun excel arms accelerator 22wmr semi

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Weeeeeeeeellllll well well.

I'm just interested in data. The knowing of things. Chrony would be good, too.

Seems pretty distinct pattern. only bottom right, which, assuming shooter is good, would indicate coldbore or manual-loading the action. dump first shot into the berm and stack the rest.

Wonder if match ammo would help, or if weight sorting, rim thickness, or some such.
    Who knows, the cci ammo will be what I go with and when I have stocked up on it I will run it over the chrono
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    It's just over 3.5kg scoped but to be honest being so short and having the pistol grip it actually shoulders nicely and doesn't feel that heavy, my previous bunny gun was a 23inch barreled laminate stocked muzzle forward suppressed bolt action marlin which felt heavy and was a pita being so long jumping in and out of the bunny shooting wagon of death
    Have you taken it out bunny busting yet? What's it carry and handle like? Does it point well for snap shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Have you taken it out bunny busting yet? What's it carry and handle like? Does it point well for snap shots?
    Literally first time shooting it today, will be going back to gunworks for a suppressor.
    Then when I have it back I'll add a fore grip then it's bunny busting time
    Steve123 likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Nice one.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    88mm= 3.5" dia

Assumed 8.8, which would round out OD at 22mm.
    Yeah that very tired joys of shift work getting in the way of braining
    #DANNYCENT

Early days for you and rifle yet - and do try a few Hornady V-Max 30gr just to see how it goes..

How does grouping compare with your just sold Marlin 917? Gadgetman's Marlin 22wmr was shooting just less than 1/2" for 5 shot groups at 50m, and mine was touching 0.3. BUT .. mine has scope issues at the moment methinks..

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Early days for you and rifle yet - and do try a few Hornady V-Max 30gr just to see how it goes..

How does grouping compare with your just sold Marlin 917? Gadgetman's Marlin 22wmr was shooting just less than 1/2" for 5 shot groups at 50m, and mine was touching 0.3. BUT .. mine has scope issues at the moment methinks..
    Yeah will be trying v max and a few others, I need to shoot some careful groups with the cci when I get a chance, but had no trouble hitting the 6" gong 9 out of 9 times at 100 yards (no big claim I know).
    Plenty of time for all that though, safe to say it shoots plenty good enough, and to be honest I rarely shot groups with the marlin just zeroed it and went out head busting bunnies out to 150 yards which it did no worries
    After all its not a target rifle
    viper likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Well I'm glad you're happy with your new toy @dannyb and hopefully it will bring you many hours of fun spreading high speed lead poisoning throughout your local bunny population....
    It's a shame having to remove the scope for cleaning though. I originally looked seriously at the CZ 22mag tactical but after learning that too requires scope and rail removal for barrel cleaning it put me off.
    dannyb likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Yes - good on you Dan for trying something different. One of the best things you can do in a shooting career is from time to time walk the road less travelled. Be prepared to try different calibers, perhaps old school rounds, different actions, different makes etc. Its often where you learn most - setting up and using new rifles that will require thought and experimentation. You'll be finding that already with the Marlin 336 lever in 30-30.

Having to remove the scope for cleaning not ideal but you'll work through such issues as you experiment with this rifle, and over time you'll find out if its for you. If not there are plenty more to trial...
    sneeze and dannyb like this.

Nice! being a .22 WMR, make sure you clean the bore regularly. Copper jacketed projectiles at magnum speed do foul the bore. Happy hunting!
    Moa Hunter likes this.

the wood version of the cz 512 comes apart and goes back together easy without taking the scope off
    Nathanfish likes this.

There is a review of it and two other 22 mags that 55 six sell on the guns and hunting magazine website that's quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    There is a review of it and two other 22 mags that 55 six sell on the guns and hunting magazine website that's quite interesting.
    got a link ?
    #DANNYCENT

Banned
    Nice rifle Danny. I am pleased to read you are replacing the worlds most scungey scope mounts with something better !!
    How is that comb height ? Just thinking that after the success with the mod 70 stock repair, it might be possible to have the comb customised ??
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Nice rifle Danny. I am pleased to read you are replacing the worlds most scungey scope mounts with something better !!
    How is that comb height ? Just thinking that after the success with the mod 70 stock repair, it might be possible to have the comb customised ??
    won't bother tutuing with it till I have it set up the way I want
    #DANNYCENT