Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: New bunny gun excel arms accelerator 22wmr semi

They do seem to be a bit of a polarizing bit of kit it's either yes or no. I looked at one but didn't like the weight or grip.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    . i wonder if hornady or winchester are looking at a souped up rimfire case to keep within current laws.
    NZ market is pretty small, can still keep hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I used one for a while for busting hares in the maize crops but have since changed to a CZ 527 in .17 mach IV. Found no real advantage of the .22 WMR over running .22lr and figured if I was going to be paying $35+ for a box of ammo I may as well be using a centerfire and hand loading. .22 magnum is way over priced for a cartridge that goes subsonic around 100y and really is only as useful as a .22LR.
    Mine wouldnt feed anything other than the ballistic tip ammo but shot the Vmax very well. I ran a Hardy rimfire over barrel suppressor. I gave the trigger a good work up too as it was shyte out of the box, this came at the cost of a non working safety catch but I never use one anyway, empty chamber is the only safe. They need high rings to be comfortable.
    Mags can be a bitch to load if you forget the little finger assist pin they come with. Shot plenty of hares with mine and the odd goat.
    I see they have skimped on the barrel fluting now.. pity as there is a lot of weight in the tube

Nah they aren't skimping on the fluting, mine is an older one that was ex demo, it shoots the 30gn vmax extremely well but also shoots cci 40gn gamepoints equally as well too, would love to know how you managed to lighten the trigger ? Was it difficult ? The trigger is the one let down.
    #DANNYCENT

just need a decent 22rf something that shoots a 50gr at 2600fps or better. i wonder if hornady or winchester are looking at a souped up rimfire case to keep within current laws.
    I think the problem there is the case head is also the primer so the bit that's supposed to take the most pressure has to be uniformly soft enough to be crimped by the firing pin anywhere on the rim. Ramset cartridges have been used for wildcats before but breech and firing pin tolerance has to be spot on. But hey if they can get caseless ammunition to work it shouldn't be that much of an issueissue however as 223 nut says there has to be a market

I cant recall what I did exactly, theres been many triggers through the workshop..probably shortened the sear a bit and polished it.. Id remember if I saw the parts again.
    I do remember it made a very nice trigger of it though
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I cant recall what I did exactly, theres been many triggers through the workshop..probably shortened the sear a bit and polished it.. Id remember if I saw the parts again.
    I do remember it made a very nice trigger of it though
    I probably won't tutu with it then and will leave it to a gunsmith
    #DANNYCENT

just need a decent 22rf something that shoots a 50gr at 2600fps or better. i wonder if hornady or winchester are looking at a souped up rimfire case to keep within current laws.
    NZ market is small.... and everyone knows that if a rimfire equivalent of .223 was produced it would immediately made illegal for semi autos here by OIC.