Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: New bunny gun excel arms accelerator 22wmr semi

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    They all shoot well. It's only $5 to sign up for am month, we should support them.
    Stopped supporting NZ Guns went they went digital. I get the reasons, I just like the paper version of which i was a long time supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got-ya and csmiffy like this.

Well big thanks to @Aoraki who scored me a brick of cci gamepoints and @Phil_H for giving me some 30gn vmax to try as well.
    Spent the afternoon at the range with the intent to check drop on paper but it was 2 damn windy, I managed to test the vmax and cci at 50 yards between gusts and it shoots pretty much the same although the max shoots a little higher I'm guessing due to the velocity.
    They both print equally good groups.
    Here is a sample group of 5 shots at 50 yards.

Name:  received_384172036173298.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  28.4 KB

Mid cycle

Name:  Screenshot_20201011-161056_Slow motion editor.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  1,008.3 KB

https://youtu.be/yrZaTbXerd0
    Finnwolf likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

#DANNYCENT

Warning if tacticool offends you look away now
    Few more mods to the accelerator.
    New low mount 45degree piccatinny mount so I can mount the torch lower instead of above the scope.
    New lower front mount piccatinny and vertical fore grip.
    I know it looks tacticool but both these mods also make the rifle much nicer to point when shouldered standing.
    The vertical foregrip especially helps with supporting the front whilst standing.
    I would have mounted the torch under lithe front if it wasn't for the vertical fore grip.
    I have always found the torch mounted above the scope to be a bit of a pain when shooting bunnies out the window of the truck so hopefully this lower side mount helps with that too, if not I'll have to try something else.

Name:  20201018_113547.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  4.44 MB

Name:  20201018_113547.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  4.44 MB

Name:  20201018_113645.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  6.22 MB

Name:  20201017_124003.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  3.42 MB
    #DANNYCENT

It's only tacticool if it doesn't work

You putting a can on the end? Then it really will be tactikool

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    You putting a can on the end? Then it really will be tactikool
    yup gotta save some pennies as it's a custom job from gunworks, full over barrel back to the hand guard, I have a couple other projects soaking up surplus funds at the moment though
    #DANNYCENT

I cut the bar between the pistol grip off mine had to brace it at the top Name:  IMG_20201018_141030.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  5.23 MB
    Steve123 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    I cut the bar between the pistol grip off mine had to brace it at the top Attachment 151545
    brace it with what and how ?
    also curious as to why you removed the bar it doesn't seem to get in the way to me and I have big sasquatch hands

just noticed you have your scope a lot lower than me, I found it really awkward with the scope in lower mounts to get a good cheek weld that resulted in a half decent eye relief how do you find it with the scope mounted that low ?

did you shorten the barrel on yours or is that a semi over barrel suppressor ?

sorry lots of questions
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Warning if tacticool offends you look away now
    Few more mods to the accelerator.
    New low mount 45degree piccatinny mount so I can mount the torch lower instead of above the scope.
    New lower front mount piccatinny and vertical fore grip.
    I know it looks tacticool but both these mods also make the rifle much nicer to point when shouldered standing.
    The vertical foregrip especially helps with supporting the front whilst standing.
    I would have mounted the torch under lithe front if it wasn't for the vertical fore grip.
    I have always found the torch mounted above the scope to be a bit of a pain when shooting bunnies out the window of the truck so hopefully this lower side mount helps with that too, if not I'll have to try something else.

Attachment 151522

Attachment 151522

Attachment 151523

Attachment 151524
    Mate that is very cool. Agree re the torch mounting . Never liked them hanging off the scope or above the barrel particularly with a stainless barrel as I found the light wash reflection in the scope ruins the scope picture. And I also like the foregrip. I had the same one on my evil rifle and mounted the torch in a 45 degree mount on a rail on the side of the handguard hanging down and managed to get it in the perfect spot so I could turn the torch on and off with my thumb ( lenser 7.2 torch with button on end cap) while holding the rifle in shooting position.
    Nice rifle @dannyb.
    dannyb likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Mate that is very cool. Agree re the torch mounting . Never liked them hanging off the scope or above the barrel particularly with a stainless barrel as I found the light wash reflection in the scope ruins the scope picture. And I also like the foregrip. I had the same one on my evil rifle and mounted the torch in a 45 degree mount on a rail on the side of the handguard hanging down and managed to get it in the perfect spot so I could turn the torch on and off with my thumb ( lenser 7.2 torch with button on end cap) while holding the rifle in shooting position.
    Nice rifle @dannyb.
    it's getting there.....I have a tail mounted remote switch which attaches to the stock where ever I decide to mount it ? haven't decided on that yet will need to see what works may even have it on the vertical fore grip. waiting to try the torch set up at night time to see if I get any of that horrible light wash you mention with the torch mounted where it is.
    to be fair there are options there too, I could wrap the barrell in camo tape or similar temporarily until the over barrel suppressor is done, the suppressor with a neoprene sleeve fitted may in itself may solve that issue anyway
    Nathanfish and Ftx325 like this.
    #DANNYCENT

put a bar from the picattiny rail to the top of the stock just screwed it in will tidy it up at some stage am lefthanded got in the way of my arm have no problems with the scope its an over barrel suppressor came off my confiscated steyr aug
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    put a bar from the picattiny rail to the top of the stock just screwed it in will tidy it up at some stage am lefthanded got in the way of my arm have no problems with the scope its an over barrel suppressor came off my confiscated steyr aug
    So did you shorten the barrel at all ?
    #DANNYCENT

On a side note tested the torch mount out last night and no light wash off the barrel so that's a bonus
    Ftx325 likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

no barrel was already threaded when I got it dont know if it had been shortened dont think so