Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Saving old shot guns life

Good stuff mate, very nice indeed.

Yep, you have to keep the old girls going, she has plenty of meat in those barrels, a lot of life left in her yet. I think I`m getting a new call for help, my next thread could be "How to cut a 45-70 chamber". watch this space.

Name:  P1030120.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  463.8 KB, Nice bores.
    Name:  P1030121.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  375.3 KB, plenty of meat there.

Is that the new Adver for KIWI Alram
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

You could quite easily sleeve in a couple of 45 barrels into one (not that one) make it into sxs 45-70 lol

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    You could quite easily sleeve in a couple of 45 barrels into one (not that one) make it into sxs 45-70 lol
    I have 100 new .375WIN brass (30/30 necked up to .375) that would work

.................................................. .. and by the way you are a clever bugger
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I have 100 new .375WIN brass (30/30 necked up to .375) that would work

.................................................. .. and by the way you are a clever bugger
    45-70 would aswell and it’s a bigger round

I think it would be a gimmicky thing as even at 50m the barrels would have significant Poi Differences proper double rifles have a way to get both shooting in the same spot
    Still be fun though

The baikal system using an adjusting screw l think is a smart solution to the regulation of both barrels. Now if they made one with exposed hammers I would be tempted.

How about sleeving it in 577 Snider or 450 Martini?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

That would be cool

O flaming heck, I still need some new barrel stock and this time I may chamber them. But I`m heading into the bush for five days looking for some venison hot pot.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    thats where the other .45 cal barrel this fine Gent made has gone......now in process of getting it chambered as gunshop (cant call them smiths anymore) have let me down...WHEN I get barrel back will try plan #B and failing that you could well see the "how to chamber barrel to .45/70 govt" as suggested earlier.
    to say Im pis--- fuc--- really annoyed is putting it mildly.

not going to be SxS just a single with exposed hammer for bush hobbiting and smoking the odd wallaby when I source some black powder.

Perfect idea for a single shot bush gun on the cheap @Micky Duck
    Could also get a buggered martini 303 and use that
    The Restriction is that super long rounds like 500gn struggle to fit into the opening on a martini
    But 405gn are fine and plenty of punch for the bush
    Would leave all these new fangled 708’s 308’s etc etc for dead in the tight shit
    They can get deflected buy the slightest bit of shit big slow movers just go oh well ill go through that and keep going

there was a bakail converted on trademe for last couple of weeks...$400 was a steal in my mind.... cant work out why it wasnt snapped up sooner. the bakails internal hammer and cocking lever make for very easy safe carry by decocking it. and yes I do own one in .12ga so maybe one day my insert when its finished might end up in it..... got to get it done first.... did I mention Im a little grumpy???
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    thats where the other .45 cal barrel this fine Gent made has gone......now in process of getting it chambered as gunshop (cant call them smiths anymore) have let me down...WHEN I get barrel back will try plan #B and failing that you could well see the "how to chamber barrel to .45/70 govt" as suggested earlier.
    to say Im pis--- fuc--- really annoyed is putting it mildly.

not going to be SxS just a single with exposed hammer for bush hobbiting and smoking the odd wallaby when I source some black powder.
    Keep the other tube as a functional 12 gauge then it will be a cape rifle. The sort of thing for people who arent sure what theyll stumble across and want to be prepared for all eventualities.
    Ive got a huski one in 16 gauge, and 9.3x57 brilliant bit of kit.

Marty thats an option Ive considered too.... not sure how YOGI might see it as I nearly always on public land...the old astra cyclope its going into has looser bore than my bakails so it will be only for that gun for the mean time....if I turned it down to fit Bakails it would have slack/wiggle room in the astra....which could be used for barrel moving to get 2 shooting to same POI..... thought was two wee grub screws at front of outer barrel to shift it slightly.......but then thought yeah nah much simple is much good,stick with single....mind you I do have smooth bore .45 long colt insert to slip in other barrel.....LOL.