Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Community safety?

Quote Originally Posted by HG Man View Post
    Is it? I haven't read anywhere thats the case. Its a multi year contract, that rules out that its just for the software provision.

The $208 million funded in Budget 2022 is for the first four years of an 11 years funding model for Te Tari Pūreke and will be used to establish the regulator, develop and manage the firearms registry, and resource the regulator to establish new teams and functions to better assist us working with the firearms community.

https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...ri-p%C5%ABreke

Not even close to a Billion..
    Yep, software provision (including engineering support and updating/cock up repairs). The 208mill (or 52 a year + rats and mice) is now around 1.5mill a week at the last figures I heard, so consider 780mill for 10 years an indicative before inflationary calcs are done - pretty safe to go out on a limb and say it will crack the 1billion for the 11 year initial funding period I reckon. I'll add to that, Coster reckons that we won't start to see any 'benefits' from the registry for at least 2 decades - which begs the question if we are so short of funding for the Police to tackle today's issues what's the point of chasing something that "MAY" start to show results in 20 years? 1.5mill a week is what, 500 extra officers on the street a year including their personal kit?
    Micky Duck, XR500 and RV1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    What do you recon the second most common centerfire semi after the sks would of been in nz not including collector ones?
    skk
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    skk
    Ahh yep, I was grouping them all together as 'SK-type' firearms...
    Micky Duck likes this.

well possibly easier to ask what OTHER semi centrefires were actually still legal here....there may well still have been a few M1 carbines but BAR remington woodsman and the ruger mini 14 would be most common....probably have to be the mini 14 mini 30 in its various calibres hands down
    No.3 likes this.

rightteho -weve had a memvber sxtate on here via a FACsource that the register is up for review ...with option to discard after 5yrs if not viable ...hmmm seems massive lack of comms somewhere saw PC Coster 48hrs ago state it could take a decade to be implemented fully to 100%function ..now gone to 20yrs.............???????????MAKE YA BLOODY MINDS UP

Andy me old china-your beloved register could be kicked into touch post OCT14 -or have you forgotten??????.

As for Chris Cahill-a dyed in the wool trade unionist with pronounced echolalic proclivities overun with boundless optimism yet to be proven in any way shape or form.

Yeah, Coster intimated a 'decade or two' to 'see the benefits'... And in his next sentence that the "arms regulatory space is not where we want it in NZ".

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    echolalic proclivities overun with boundless optimism
    I had to google that, right you are though my old china.

no 208 million over 4 years isnt even close unless it runs for a further 16 years ...its a fifth of a million so if they keep the circus going for 20 years..longer than others have..it WILL have chewed up a billion taxpayers dollars....if we round figures and say population of 6 million and guestimate that 2 in 6 are working (that would be extremely on generous side I would think) that gives 2 million taxpayers so thats near enough to $100 per taxpayer per year.
    Thats not just the cost of the register, thats the total funding for the Firearms Safety Authority.$52 m a year.

There are approx 3.85M taxpayers in NZ, so $50M/3.85M = $13.50 per taxpayer per year.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Yep, software provision (including engineering support and updating/cock up repairs). The 208mill (or 52 a year + rats and mice) is now around 1.5mill a week at the last figures I heard
    I haven't read anything like that and that $208M over 4 year is from June 2023. I can't find anything for those numbers on a quick google.

And who says we are short of funding? Its not lack of funds for Policing, its lack of experienced cops and a lack of new recruits.

Thats not just the cost of the register, thats the total funding for the Firearms Safety Authority.$52 m a year.

There are approx 3.85M taxpayers in NZ, so $50M/3.85M = $13.50 per taxpayer per year.
    so just a drop in the bucket...no worries to pay for it so no need for user pays...perfect HGMan has shown we will never need to pay anything at all to hold firearms...perfect.

gentlemen gentlemen gentlemen....and heathens .270owners and lastly aspiring politicians -good that should cover the field..sit!

Id suggest you google professor Gary Mauser out of Simon Fraser University BC Canada -Mauser is regarded as being without peer on the research of the issues associated with firearms regulation and is a well published authority on it. He was asked to peer review the awful load of crap one philip alpers and his offasider provided to jimandertons croney to take to the 2003 Unfirearms summit-a grandiose talkfest resultant in 6 7/8 SFA bar a two sentnecew summary saying nowt could be agreed upon!
    mausers peer review showed up alpers and co for the bloody clowns they were-using totally irrelevant onfo to reach totally erroneous conclusions -sound familiar.
    gop goole it persue at your leisure -theres a lot more juice in this orange yet!
    Micky Duck, Finnwolf and No.3 like this.

Yep. Thats about the size of it, problem is Alper's BS is still being spouted on about as 'legitimate research'...
    Finnwolf likes this.

I haven't read anything like that and that $208M over 4 year is from June 2023. I can't find anything for those numbers on a quick google.

And who says we are short of funding? Its not lack of funds for Policing, its lack of experienced cops and a lack of new recruits.
    Ha, so what you are saying is that the numbers for costs are being fudged already. That's reassuring...
    Micky Duck likes this.

so just a drop in the bucket...no worries to pay for it so no need for user pays...perfect HGMan has shown we will never need to pay anything at all to hold firearms...perfect.
    Dude, thats not what I'm saying at all. You've just made up some nonsense, I never talked about user pays or anything, I've simply relayed the figures I have come across.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Ha, so what you are saying is that the numbers for costs are being fudged already. That's reassuring...
    No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that the only figures I have read are the $208M over 4 years. You are claiming you've heard different, not me, if you have something to back up your numbers, then lets see it.